aberdeen-music

Hi, music recommendations

RF Scott

Guest Giles Walker
If a random comes up to you with a memory stick and asks you put music on it, you'll do it?

Aye well, Richard ain't a random to me is he?

Away and stalk us online, you nobody....

Guest Giles Walker
I'm sure you and Richard make a lovely couple.

I think you misunderstood, i wasn't saying we were besties either.

Away and figure out social interaction you murderer.

Also stop sending me that fan fiction on the PMs, that shit freaks me out.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Not a profound soul recommendation or even a soul recommendation or even a profound recommendation, but I'm really liking the Frank Turner, Love, Ire & Song album at the moment. Good tunes.

Soul recommendations are a bit odd because your generic indie types (ie everyone on here) will recommend the same generic soul bullshit they have been been force fed by either their boring parents or Mojo type magazines.

That's not to say that they shouldn't be listened to, just that it's hardly the way to get into proper soul music, unless you just want to know the same bits of info about the same albums.

Anyway this thread is just a cynical little rouse by yourself to see how mor everyone's taste's are in my opinion.

If you want to actually want to discover new music, do a tiny bit of research or ask one of the many djs or musicians you know in real life to make you a compilation cd.

For example, if you gave me a memory stick i could put some interesting songs on it with a bit of info.

This might be a bit to deep for you, but it is a good soul/funk digging forum.

A good soul blog.

Another soul/funk blog

and another

This post reminds me of the time I got started on in the Snafu toilets for making a passing comment on being a fan of Northern Soul but had never heard of some artist :(

Guest Giles Walker
This post reminds me of the time I got started on in the Snafu toilets for making a passing comment on being a fan of Northern Soul but had never heard of some artist :(

This post reminds me of some chump i started on in the Snafu toilets for bragging about how he loved Northern Soul but had never heard of any of the artists i mentioned to him.

• Upvote 1

Soul recommendations are a bit odd because your generic indie types (ie everyone on here) will recommend the same generic soul bullshit they have been been force fed by either their boring parents or Mojo type magazines.

That's not to say that they shouldn't be listened to, just that it's hardly the way to get into proper soul music, unless you just want to know the same bits of info about the same albums.

Anyway this thread is just a cynical little rouse by yourself to see how mor everyone's taste's are in my opinion.

If you want to actually want to discover new music, do a tiny bit of research or ask one of the many djs or musicians you know in real life to make you a compilation cd.

For example, if you gave me a memory stick i could put some interesting songs on it with a bit of info.

This might be a bit to deep for you, but it is a good soul/funk digging forum.

A good soul blog.

Another soul/funk blog

and another

Yeah... not actually a 'cynical little rouse' in the slightest, got a lot better things to do with my time than find out about supposed 'MOR' tases. I've been asking elsewhere re: recommendations for emusic, including asking people I know in real life. Given that this website has quite a lot of traffic, thought this would be a good avenue too.

Will check out those blogs when I'm at a computer with speakers, thanks.

I'm a bit of a classical music geek. My favourites are the Spring Symphony by Benjamin Britten and The Quickening by James MacMillan. The Barber of Seville is pretty decent too.

Anything sung by Maria Callas, Kathleen Ferrier or Ian Bostridge is ace :up: