aberdeen-music

Hi, music recommendations

RF Scott

OK, I don't know if he's on emusic or not, but my favourite album at the moment is called "The Hell You Say" by a guy called Cory Branan.

He's a singer songwriter in the Americana mold. Brilliant album, you can listen to the tracks on Last FM, like these ones:

Cory Branan Crush Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

Cory Branan Skateland South Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

Cory Branan Miss Ferguson Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

The latest Hot Chip album.

The 2 latest Silverchair albums are totally different to their archetypal grungey predecessors. Orchaestrated, experimental grandiose masterpieces.

Ask for the Cast of the Capital demo from SteveAlex_35 on here. It's free!.

Anything by the Mars Volta.

A Cadence Weapon album.

Public Enemy-Fear of a Black Planet

OK, I don't know if he's on emusic or not, but my favourite album at the moment is called "The Hell You Say" by a guy called Cory Branan.

He's a singer songwriter in the Americana mold. Brilliant album, you can listen to the tracks on Last FM, like these ones:

Cory Branan Crush Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

Cory Branan Skateland South Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

Cory Branan Miss Ferguson Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

Nice one, cheers.

Guest idol_wild
I've seen this in the library......so you reckon I should borrow it?

Absolutely. Not a million miles off what you do actually, but less traditional sounding. If that makes sense? It might if you give it a listen. :up:

Thanks for the tips, guys. I've not purchased any of them, but it's the thought that counts, eh?

A further question - any good Soul recommendations? Been listening to Clarence Carter a bit, so anything similar to that... Also been listening to Burzum today, so something along those lines too!

Guest Giles Walker

Soul recommendations are a bit odd because your generic indie types (ie everyone on here) will recommend the same generic soul bullshit they have been been force fed by either their boring parents or Mojo type magazines.

That's not to say that they shouldn't be listened to, just that it's hardly the way to get into proper soul music, unless you just want to know the same bits of info about the same albums.

Anyway this thread is just a cynical little rouse by yourself to see how mor everyone's taste's are in my opinion.

If you want to actually want to discover new music, do a tiny bit of research or ask one of the many djs or musicians you know in real life to make you a compilation cd.

For example, if you gave me a memory stick i could put some interesting songs on it with a bit of info.

This might be a bit to deep for you, but it is a good soul/funk digging forum.

A good soul blog.

Another soul/funk blog

and another

Soul recommendations are a bit odd because your generic indie types (ie everyone on here) will recommend the same generic soul bullshit they have been been force fed by either their boring parents or Mojo type magazines.

That's not to say that they shouldn't be listened to, just that it's hardly the way to get into proper soul music, unless you just want to know the same bits of info about the same albums.

Anyway this thread is just a cynical little rouse by yourself to see how mor everyone's taste's are in my opinion.

If you want to actually want to discover new music, do a tiny bit of research or ask one of the many djs or musicians you know in real life to make you a compilation cd.

For example, if you gave me a memory stick i could put some interesting songs on it with a bit of info.

This might be a bit to deep for you, but it is a good soul/funk digging forum.

A good soul blog.

Another soul/funk blog

and another

Oooh, get you.