aberdeen-music

Ab-Music pub crawl

3rded

I used to get steamboats till 2AM then walk home and get to bed for 3 then wake up and be the first in the office at 9 able to do a fulls day work.

Now if I stay out and get bleazing till 2AM, I need a taxi home, and will prob need a day off to recover.

Fourthed.

I was still feeling the effects of Saturday night's sesh on Tuesday morning.

Not :up:

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
I'm 19 and I get the most badass hangovers you can imagine, like I can't eat or even move.

I'm never sick though....that generally happens on the night aha

I've actually decided that the reason my hangovers were so bad was because I used to tank an absolute ridiculous amount of alcohol on a night out. I think I just don't drink as much on a night as I used to. When I was 19 (seems SO long ago now), my nights out were a little mental and I'm sure if I drank as much as that on a night out now I'd die.

I've actually decided that the reason my hangovers were so bad was because I used to tank an absolute ridiculous amount of alcohol on a night out. I think I just don't drink as much on a night as I used to. When I was 19 (seems SO long ago now), my nights out were a little mental and I'm sure if I drank as much as that on a night out now I'd die.

Hello, JF9TP2.

• Upvote 1

Hello, JF9TP2.

Not at all - I'm not bragging about it. It's just what happened, and like what happens with the majority of 19 year olds. I tend not to have totally out there crazy, wild, mental nights out anymore. A few pints suits me fine... I'm getting old and (trying to be) dignified... :up:

I'm almost 30 and I rarely get hangovers, but I drink pretty sensibly and rarely get more than just a bit merry. I like to keep my wits about me, I never get to stage where I can't hold a calm, rational conversation if required (you never know when trouble is going to flare up), and can't walk home on my own in a straight line.

Some tricks I use that help to avoid the hangover:

I start out on bottled lager as they simply have less volume than pints (if you're in rounds 3 bottles = 2 pints - by the time you drink three you're a pint behind where you would normally be), then if I get sick of lager I pick one spirit and stick with it for the rest of the night. I always make a point of eating something on the way home and drinking something non-alcoholic when I get home. 9 times out of 10 I wake up feeling totally find. The only time I ever feel rough in the morning is if I have to set an alarm and get up early instead of just waking up naturally.

What stopped me drinking to excess was the amount of times I woke up in the morning, looked at the sent items or recent calls on my phone and went "..... oh fuck". I phoned my work one night while steaming in Drakes, and left a voicemail saying they could shove their job up their arse.

I went on holiday to France and my mate introduced me to the wonders of G&T. I didn't get a hangover for absolutely ages afterwards and I was convinced it was because of the G&T.

What on earth possessed you to drink yer gran's perfume?

What stopped me drinking to excess was the amount of times I woke up in the morning, looked at the sent items or recent calls on my phone and went "..... oh fuck". I phoned my work one night while steaming in Drakes, and left a voicemail saying they could shove their job up their arse.

What was yr work's reaction?

To all those slagging G&T, you'll learn.

I used to call my mate(s) who drank it raging homos/women/etc etc till I tried it. It's far nicer a drink (imo) than whisky/vodka/morgans/any other spirit I've tried with any mixer combination I've tried, and I've never once had a hangover when drinking it. I converted quite a few of my mates who used to give me the same slagging for drinking it.

I bet some of the doubters drink vodka and coke/lemonade? That is as much a woman's drink as gin. The only real man's drink is whiskey, but I really can't stomach whiskey.

To all those slagging G&T, you'll learn.

I used to call my mate(s) who drank it raging homos/women/etc etc till I tried it. It's far nicer a drink (imo) than whisky/vodka/morgans/any other spirit I've tried with any mixer combination I've tried, and I've never once had a hangover when drinking it. I converted quite a few of my mates who used to give me the same slagging for drinking it.

I bet some of the doubters drink vodka and coke/lemonade? That is as much a woman's drink as gin. The only real man's drink is whiskey, but I really can't stomach whiskey.

Gin gives me the WORST hangovers ever...

jack daniels and giner ale = no hangover

The reason that doesn't cause a hangover is cos they've taken a 'g' out of it. The 'g' was clearly to blame, and this has only half the 'g' content.

Now I've seen in the trade press recently that they're about to launch a new product called "iner ale" which not only doesn't cause hangovers, but will actually cure an existing hangover at any stage. The only problem is that they've been struggling to get it to market due to the fact that it's mildly toxic to people with red hair, and there have been some objections made by the liberal democrats about that in parliament.

I agree G&T is lovely. My usual spirit of choice in the pub is JD & coke, but if I'm at a party or a poker game I always drink G&T (mostly cos a bottle of gin is much cheaper than a bottle of JD). It's beautiful stuff, especially on a hot day, very refreshing, though they start to get a bit bitter after a while.

The worst thing for causing hangovers is Morgans & coke. I used to drink that when I was younger and it just fucking ruined my head the next day.

I've heard some weird homespun philiosophies about hangovers. One guy swore to me that he only ever got hangovers if he was drinking fizzy juice as a mixer, like vodka and coke, but if he drank vodka and fresh orange or cranberry, he never got a hangover. Anothr guy reckoned if you only drank clear drinks, eg vodka lemonade, gin and tonic you wouldn't get hangovers. Another said he got hangovers if he drank vodka coke with coke out of the scooshie gun, but if he used a can of coke he never got hangovers. All crap of course like.