aberdeen-music

Ab-Music pub crawl

Ugh, won't be able to make this, I've got my last ever Marionettes gig. Although if the pub crawl comes to the Lemon Tree....

It won't

Shit. Actually, I want to be at that.

Make it the 6th then.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Why don't you just all come to the Lemon Tree on 5th June......? And you can arrange the proceedings for the 6th.

Fuck me I'm full of wonderful ideas.

Right so atm, me and Peterhead Dave. I'm delighted with that but I'm sure he isn't. Anyone else? (I would quite like to get at least 15 folk involved otherwise it's not really worth doing)

I can probably do the 5th.

I will happily meet and have a beer with anyone on here on the 5th, but it has to be at the Lemon Tree for me for obvious reasons.

Right so atm, me and Peterhead Dave. I'm delighted with that but I'm sure he isn't. Anyone else? (I would quite like to get at least 15 folk involved otherwise it's not really worth doing)

As long as you're not actually Ainsley Harriott....

No, you are young.

We all didn't get hangovers when we were younger.

These days I get bastards of hangovers.

You'll learn.

I concur. I never used to get hangovers and could quite happily get home at 5am and then leave for work at 7am and carry on as normal. These days if i have 4 or 5 pints (whilst i don't feel particularly drunk at the time) i feel like i have been skullfucked the following day.

3rded

I used to get steamboats till 2AM then walk home and get to bed for 3 then wake up and be the first in the office at 9 able to do a fulls day work.

Now if I stay out and get bleazing till 2AM, I need a taxi home, and will prob need a day off to recover.

I'm 20 and I get nasty hangovers. Am I doomed?

Not necessarily.

Since about the age of 16/17 I almost always got absolutely terrible hangovers.

A few years ago (I'm 27 now, let's say I was 24 at the time) I stopped drinking entirely for 3 months. I went on holiday to France and my mate introduced me to the wonders of G&T. I didn't get a hangover for absolutely ages afterwards and I was convinced it was because of the G&T.

Hangovers have gradually creeped back into my life, but they aren't relentless and I don't get them every single time I drink like I used to. On occasion I'll get a seriously bad hangover despite not being completely trolleyed, other times I'll get completely trolleyed and wake up fresh as a daisy the next day.