aberdeen-music

Favorite Ale?

Wax

As I was shopping in Asda last night, I thought I'd pick up some Brew Dog ale. I got Punk IPA and Trashy Blonde. I've never drunk ale before, but the TB was very smooth and I enjoyed it quite a lot. Think I might try out the Punk IPA tonight and see what the verdict is on that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got any suggestions to ease me in?

IPAs like the Latitude I mentioned above, Brewdog's Trashy Blond, or something more common like Deuchars.

Belhaven Best is a good gateway into ales as well. Ok, it's not a real ale but I love it and it's pretty easy to get a hold of if you're out and about. Much better than Tennents Velvet or John Smiths which always seem to be the non-lager option in mainstream pubs.

The problem with Belhaven Best and John Smiths is not the drinks themselves but it's a right struggle to find a pub that actually serves a decent pint of it (Mannofield Cricket Club is the place to get the best John Smiths around on evidence of last week)

Old School House have a good selection of ales just now including the deliciously fruity Trade Winds, as well Greene King's LBW and Belhaven's Twisted Thistle Ale.

The problem with Belhaven Best and John Smiths is not the drinks themselves but it's a right struggle to find a pub that actually serves a decent pint of it (Mannofield Cricket Club is the place to get the best John Smiths around on evidence of last week)

Old School House have a good selection of ales just now including the deliciously fruity Trade Winds, as well Greene King's LBW and Belhaven's Twisted Thistle Ale.

Trade Winds is really nice.

Agree about the belhaven/john smiths. Loads of places get it in then don't tell their staff how to pour the damn thing. Last time I was in Drummonds I gave up after getting 3 pints in a row that were mostly head.

Then the staff look disgusted when you ask them to top it up.