aberdeen-music

Favorite Ale?

Wax

What's everyone's favorite ale?

Looking to beef up the selection in Five (currently only Innis & Gunn Amber or Guinness) and Snafu (currently only Guinness). Thinking about names such as Skull Splitter, BrewDog and Isle of Arran. Thoughts/suggestions?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very much agreed!

I've yet to find an Abdn pub that has it, but if I did... they'd make a bundle out of me :up:

Trashy blonde is even better, but again i've yet to find anywhere that does it. Relying on Tesco and my fridge to keep me happy during these Champions League games :love:

Trashy blonde is even better, but again i've yet to find anywhere that does it. Relying on Tesco and my fridge to keep me happy during these Champions League games :love:

My band mate works part time at the brewery. I have a 48-bottle crate of Trashy Blonde blocking up my hallway, all entirely free, mis-labelled cast-offs. WIN.

Can't beat a Trashy Blonde in my book, although The Physics and Cult Lager (not an ale I know...but bottles wouldnt go amiss) are both quality BrewDog options.

Was in a pub at the weekend in Kilmarnock who were selling Zesty Spark (I say selling - he was actually at the end of the barrel and about to change it so he emptied it into 7 pint glasses for those of us still at the bar at 1am :) ) which was a nice enough wee ale!

EDIT: Spelling

I've always been a fan of Green King. It's just a perfect ale for a summer's day.

I wholeheartedly agree with the call for Brew Dog. I haven't been disappointed with anything by them yet and their IPA is top notch. I swear they do a kick ass Pilsner as well.

Orkney Brewery's Red Macgregor or Valhalla Brewery's Island Bere would also be amazing to have.