aberdeen-music

Have Heart + Rise and Fall + Shipwreck Ad @ Korova

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a wee bit disapointed with sound at the gig, as korova is a brand new venue i can give it the benifit of the doubt. Maybe it just needs a few tweeks or a better sound guy not sure.

Enjoyed the local supports but felt sorry for them as for the most time, I could only really hear vocals the cymbals and snare.

Shipwreck Ad were really good never seen them before, need to have a proper listen of the music.

Band of the night for me were Rise and Fall, thought they were amazing, just heavy and crushing. Can't wait for the new album to come out.

Have heart were much more enjoyable this time around for me. Shame about there vocalist, I'm sure nobody really cared that they vocalist wasn't there the rest of the band were there and there roodie, did an awesome job.

Hope the sound gets better before Deenfest

I loved last night, shipwreck and have heart were awesome, i missed rise and fall though,

even though it wasnt Have hearts singer there i was still happy, it was still the same songs.

I still stick by the "Good Club, Shit venue" with korova, i was expecting somthing more moshulu sized with the build up to the show,

Good show over all, Happy Me.

Rise and Fall were fantastic. Other bands were good, despite the guitarists of Shipwreck and HH looking really really bored.

I liked the folks with the straight edge haircuts....

Rise and Fall were awesome though.

Sound was pap.

you checked out any of those bands I texted to you last night?

fAsHiOnCoRe 4 lyfe!

you checked out any of those bands I texted to you last night?
Just Phoenix Bodies. Will check the rest soon. Got new Hummingbird of Death/Dead Stare split and Vaccine demo.

Vaccine << members of Bucket Full of Teeth and Orchid. Awesome.

ANGRY MUSIC FOR ANGRY SOULS: Trainwreck-Of Concrete Canyons and Inner Wastelands << get it, now!

B Music << well good for PV and fast stuff

[/hijack]

Just Phoenix Bodies. Will check the rest soon. Got new Hummingbird of Death/Dead Stare split and Vaccine demo.

Vaccine << members of Bucket Full of Teeth and Orchid. Awesome.

ANGRY MUSIC FOR ANGRY SOULS: Trainwreck-Of Concrete Canyons and Inner Wastelands << get it, now!

B Music << well good for PV and fast stuff

[/hijack]

done min

here is a couple others...

NOISECORPORATION

Mosh From Hell V2.0: Bane

How many punters were squeezed in then, folks?

I went down before the doors opened just to check the place out again. Looks nice, although they need to sort out the stage and sound issues before I'd book anything in.

Didn't seem like it was hugely busy to be honest.

I don't think it should be a live music venue to honest. The stone walls do it no justice whatsoever, it sounds worse than Kef...

nah he deff didnt. he had to pay for the 3 main bands,

Even though it was have hearts guitarists playing for Shipwreck AD and Have hearts singer wasnt there,

So really there was only one full band, and two mismatched ones, and a huge rider that no one touched.

...Aparently.

American bands never do eat and drink everything on their rider. It's best to speak to the TM first about what they would like rather than give them everything that the agent feels like putting down. Saves money, time and effort in the long run.

haha! no i did not run off with any money.

all of their rider was paid for, pre-catering, hot meals and hotels.

at the end of the night i paid the band some of their aftershow fee and arranged with their agent to transfer the rest of their fee to avocado booking the next day, which has been done.

nope, the have heart vocalist, Patrick Flynn was not present, he was back down in Leeds 'with food posioning' and shipwreck were missing 3 members.

have heart's roadie done a good job filling in on vocals though, he had already done 8 shows of the tour because patrick had a 'family crisis' back in the states.

still was a great show and i've seen some amazing photos already from during the bands sets.