aberdeen-music

Have Heart + Rise and Fall + Shipwreck Ad @ Korova

yeah departures are fucking beast, but this will still be an awesome show.

oh and apparently the venue at Korova is going to be the shit!!

I think the Friday rock night is transferring to there as of next week so if you wanted to check out the venue just go along then. (plus it's free entry, cheap drinks and good tunes!)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Friday rock night is transferring to there as of next week so if you wanted to check out the venue just go along then. (plus it's free entry, cheap drinks and good tunes!)

Yeah I was planning on heading down to have a look at it.

sounds smart

EDIT: I plan to head down in a better state than i did the other week,horrible!

Yeah I was planning on heading down to have a look at it.

sounds smart

EDIT: I plan to head down in a better state than i did the other week,horrible!

Holler!

If funds aren't tight i think i'll still head down. The new sunset squad sounds better than the old stuff, but still preferred the stuff with the old vox.

not sure what korova's capacity is for sure yet.

before it opened, eric (owner) said he reckoned maybe 400-450 at a push.

but it looked packed for the DJ Yoda night and the friday rock night.

not sure if there was exact numbers taken though.

the Have Heart show, at the moment, is looking to be the first live gig in the Korova venue.

also, tickets are now available from the 3 scottish support bands.

(not pay to play, just so the out of town bands could sell tickets to their mates easier and Dead End wanted to sell to their friends and family too, all bands will be getting paid no matter what.)

i hope the capacity isnt around 120! cos there will be a lot of annoyed hardcore fans wanting in!

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

On the capacity front, I heard that the live music part of Korova was going to be a 100ish capacity venue. I think you'd better check before you sell wads of tickets!!

just to make it clear ;)

i bloody hate pay to play promoters, they ruin music scenes.

teabags, want a have heart ticket? up for some more drunken footy this weekend if the suns out again?

depends what time im back from Perth. Which should be early. So probably. I won't be as drunk though. Cos I'd die.

(not pay to play, just so the out of town bands could sell tickets to their mates easier and Dead End wanted to sell to their friends and family too, all bands will be getting paid no matter what.)

:up: good stuff. i think sometimes there can be a lot of confusion between ticketing systems and bands selling tickets and pay to play.

I've heard so many different stories re the venue capacity. Very confusing.

I think the capacity confusion arises because there are three different, but co-joined rooms.

The part with the stage, for live gigs, on it's own, will hold 80-120. If you open up the bar room behind, you could add another 100 easy and still be able to see the performance. If you then open up the side room, you could probably get another 200 in, but that would only be for a club set up as you wouldn't be able to see any live performance on the stage.

All depends on the set-up.

just had confirmation that this will be the first ever live gig in Korova.

also, Eric again said he reckons the venue (all parts of the downstairs venue, bottom floor) is 400, maybe 450 at a push.

get a ticket!

available from:

- any of the Scottish support bands

- One Up Records, Belmont Street, Aberdeen

- any Deenfest Promotions gig

- online at Ticketweb/Ticketmaster

- or myself

haveheartkorova.jpg