aberdeen-music

Have Heart + Rise and Fall + Shipwreck Ad @ Korova

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild

Sorry to hi-jack a little. But does this mean Korova is officially open for gigs now or is it a case of hiring the mere space and providing your own PA system and such like?

Sorry to hi-jack a little. But does this mean Korova is officially open for gigs now or is it a case of hiring the mere space and providing your own PA system and such like?

I know they were planning a PA install for April time, i'm not sure whether it has happened. Let me find out for you.

Korova isn't on Windmill Brae.

for those jumping the gun and assuming i can assure the promotor for this event has everything cleared with the owner.

korova live venue will officialy open in may, hopefully the first week, and the entracne will be on windmill brae as it is in the bassment of the venue.

im sure if you get in touch with deenfest promotion they can give you more details

Guest idol_wild
for those jumping the gun and assuming i can assure the promotor for this event has everything cleared with the owner.

I don't think anyone was disputing that or referencing that aspect of the show in any way at all.

it used to be ESKO and it did a very small smattering of gigs in amongst its normal run of nights, I remember the people under stairs & possibly fingathing being a bit good. They used to do some local gigs on Tuesday nights but it didn't last that long.

in an unrelated note I also remember Farley Jackmaster Funk being awesome

• 3 weeks later...

supports now announced as:

BY MY HANDS from Glasgow

BY MY HANDS - DEMO TEASER UP NOW! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

SUNSET SQUAD from Dundee/Perth

Sunset Squad *NEW SONG* on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

DEAD END from Aberdeen

DEAD END(MAY 26TH...EDINBURGH) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

(refresh browser to see updated flyer)

tickets will be available from these support bands soon.

however, you can get them now in One Up Records, Aberdeen

and

on ticketweb - TicketWeb

haveheartkorova.jpg

supports now announced as:

BY MY HANDS from Glasgow

BY MY HANDS - DEMO TEASER UP NOW! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

SUNSET SQUAD from Dundee/Perth

Sunset Squad *NEW SONG* on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

DEAD END from Aberdeen

DEAD END(MAY 26TH...EDINBURGH) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

(refresh browser to see updated flyer)

tickets will be available from these support bands soon.

however, you can get them now in One Up Records, Aberdeen

and

on ticketweb - TicketWeb

haveheartkorova.jpg

no offense steve, but you could have gotten way better supports for this. I'm not talking about mmw by the way, there are just way better bands who could have done this. Sunset Squad are teckle though.

sunset squad are teckle, their new tune is a beast!

no offense taken man. everyone is entitled to an opinion.

theres loads of bands i would of liked to put on, i wish i could of made it an alldayer!

unfortunately the sky high fees and the fact its on a tuesday put me off :(

i wanted 3 supports from the larger cities in Scotland.

who would you of rather seen supporting, scott?

sunset squad are teckle, their new tune is a beast!

no offense taken man. everyone is entitled to an opinion.

theres loads of bands i would of liked to put on, i wish i could of made it an alldayer!

unfortunately the sky high fees and the fact its on a tuesday put me off :(

i wanted 3 supports from the larger cities in Scotland.

who would you of rather seen supporting, scott?

Uncalm would have been a great support as they actually have meaning behind there songs rather than this fake bullshit "tough guy" crap. Escape Today, Departures would have been great, but I guess they play here quite a bit. PMX would have been an ace support. so many options.

i love uncalm. and departures are beast too.

i want to see escape today live, i liked their recordings they put up.

i kinda gathered there would of been something said no matter who i got as support as i know a lot of bands asked to play it.

cant wait to see the touring bands though!