aberdeen-music

Football Frustration

sexytunk

Well as always I set my Sky+ on Saturday night to record the Premiership Match of the day highlights, and when I went to watch it Sunday morning what did I find? Rangers V St Mirren, Rangers V St Fucking Mirren!

When was it decided we would rather watch that pish for an hour, rather than the Premiership games where pretty much nothing had been decided, and most games are pretty interesting? The games are so pish up here that they couldn't even fill the hour with football action, and at one point even had a discussion and a clip about the referees bloody trainers, what is the fucking point?

What's also annoying is that on Sunday afternoon, ITV in England, Northern Ireland and Wales all get highlights from the Championship, which we don't get. Also last weekend both FA Cup semi finals, plus two highlights shows were shown on ITV in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, which again we didn't get.

Well as always I set my Sky+ on Saturday night to record the Premiership Match of the day highlights, and when I went to watch it Sunday morning what did I find? Rangers V St Mirren, Rangers V St Fucking Mirren!

That's weird - my Sky+ is series linked to record Match of the Day every Saturday night and it skipped the Sportscene highlights and recorded MOTD when it was on at 12:40am.

Nae luck, min :down:

That's why you should set your Sky+ to series-link the MotD on BBC London (one of the really high channels - I think it's 992). Folks in London will never be given highlights of Rangers v St Mirren (they're distraught).

Similarly this trick can be used when Jaws is on STV instead of the English FA Cup highlights (which will be on the ITV London channel). Unless you want to watch Jaws.

When was it decided we would rather watch that pish for an hour, rather than the Premiership games where pretty much nothing had been decided, and most games are pretty interesting? The games are so pish up here that they couldn't even fill the hour with football action, and at one point even had a discussion and a clip about the referees bloody trainers, what is the fucking point?

Well considering you live in scotland, it was the scottish cup semi final then surely you could see why they put that on instead. Nothing had been decided in the semi final suprisingly enough before the two teams played.

If you want to watch english football, watch english tv.

Well as always I set my Sky+ on Saturday night to record the Premiership Match of the day highlights, and when I went to watch it Sunday morning what did I find? Rangers V St Mirren, Fucking Rangers V St Mirren!

Fixed it for you :up:

But yeah - I went to bed last night to watch MOTD2 on BBC2, only to find highlights of Falkirk v Dunfermline. Had to get up again to watch MOTD2 on BBC2 Englandshire on my Sky box. An inconvenience, but certainly one that can be negotiated.

Well considering you live in scotland, it was the scottish cup semi final then surely you could see why they put that on instead. Nothing had been decided in the semi final suprisingly enough before the two teams played.

Really, you thought Rangers were going to get beat? You'd have put a 10er on St Mirren getting to the final?

Really, you thought Rangers were going to get beat? You'd have put a 10er on St Mirren getting to the final?

Would you have put a tenner on us getting to the Semi final? considering the horrific draws we've had? Brechin away, Motherwell away, Celtic then Rangers! And Falkirk end up playing in Europe as reward for beating Dunfermline.

No justice!

Would you have put a tenner on hull beating liverpool?

Just because i think a game will finish one way or the other doesnt make it less important than another.

I bet most Huns and StMirren fans would have rather watched that game than english prem highlights.

Would you have put a tenner on hull beating liverpool?

Just because i think a game will finish one way or the other doesnt make it less important than another.

I bet most Huns and StMirren fans would have rather watched that game than english prem highlights.

Yeh I agree with that point, but what % of the country are Rangers or St Mirren fans? Christ they couldn't even fill Hampden! How many Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts fans would have been desperate to tune into highlights of Rangers destroying a piss poor St Mirren Team? So am I the only person who would rather watch 8 decent Premiership games than watching an hour of highlights of a poor scottish game, that could have been condensed into about 4 minutes?

If I had to put a 10er on either Hull beating Liverpool, or St Mirren beating Rangers on Saturday, I know where my money would have went!

Yeh I agree with that point, but what % of the country are Rangers or St Mirren fans? Christ they couldn't even fill Hampden! How many Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts fans would have been desperate to tune into highlights of Rangers destroying a piss poor St Mirren Team? So am I the only person who would rather watch 8 decent Premiership games than watching an hour of highlights of a poor scottish game, that could have been condensed into about 4 minutes?

If I had to put a 10er on either Hull beating Liverpool, or St Mirren beating Rangers on Saturday, I know where my money would have went!

Your money would have been wasted either way, that was the point, there is very little chance in liverpool losing to hull at this stage in the season, same goes for stmirren winning against the scum. Doesnt make either game any less important than the other.

Doesnt matter what % are scum fans or otherwise, what % of Scotland are Hull fans, or WBA fans?

Its simple tho, you live in scotland, you get scottish highlights first and foremost, if you want english football either move there or watch the right channel. There should be no real moan about it we get highlights from our national game.

Your money would have been wasted either way, that was the point, there is very little chance in liverpool losing to hull at this stage in the season, same goes for stmirren winning against the scum. Doesnt make either game any less important than the other.

Doesnt matter what % are scum fans or otherwise, what % of Scotland are Hull fans, or WBA fans?

Its simple tho, you live in scotland, you get scottish highlights first and foremost, if you want english football either move there or watch the right channel. There should be no real moan about it we get highlights from our national game.

Well I'm not going to sit and argue this with you, cause I guess you're right and I can't really win, well with regards to the Scottish football being shown in Scotland argument.

Maybe my argument should be, why do we bother showing any Scottish games at all when the standard of football is so poor, it's hardly entertainment.

Well I'm not going to sit and argue this with you, cause I guess you're right and I can't really win, well with regards to the Scottish football being shown in Scotland argument.

Maybe my argument should be, why do we bother showing any Scottish games at all when the standard of football is so poor, it's hardly entertainment.

Because its our national league, simple as that. We get the prem league as well so i dont see the problem you seem to have.

Anyway its not an argument, its a monday discussion :)

The only way you can do this is by having a Sky box, so it's a little easier said than done. Luckily I have Sky, but it's a shame for the people who don't and are forced to watch some 30 year old film everytime English football is on the telly. Even STV often doesn't show Champions League football on a Tuesday, which is pure crap.

I remember one time waiting up til midnight to watch the "Champions League Highlights" on STV, which I thought was going to be a round up of all the evenings games. No, no. It spent an hour and 20 minutes just showing the Celtic game, and then Hartson waffling on about how great Celtic are, despite Celtic losing. Scottish BBC and STV are a fucking joke.

The only way you can do this is by having a Sky box, so it's a little easier said than done. Luckily I have Sky, but it's a shame for the people who don't and are forced to watch some 30 year old film everytime English football is on the telly. Even STV often doesn't show Champions League football on a Tuesday, which is pure crap.

I remember one time waiting up til midnight to watch the "Champions League Highlights" on STV, which I thought was going to be a round up of all the evenings games. No, no. It spent an hour and 20 minutes just showing the Celtic game, and then Hartson waffling on about how great Celtic are, despite Celtic losing. Scottish BBC and STV are a fucking joke.

you can also stream every single live prem game for free online without a tv card.

I think the reasoning behind the champs league thing is to do with how the rights are bought for the games, i would assume STV and BBC scotland would only get rights for scottish games, i may be wrong tho.

I really dont see the problem you guys have tho, we live in scotland so they give scottish football priority over the english games, i would have thought that was obvious, its not suddenly become like this.

Are the streams reliable? I've had a go at 3 now, and all have been pretty unwatchable, and 2 of those went black at half time and never came back, so maybe I'm just doing it wrong... It's mental that ESPN Canada gets all the Saturday 3pm Preamier League coverage and the UK doesn't. I understand why the FA don't allow it to be covered, but to give the rights to other countries is harsh.

But yeah. I understand. This is Scotland, so Scottish football takes priority therefore Sportscene ruling over MOTD is understandable, but deciding to show a film re-run instead of Champions League football doesn't make too much sense. I know that this isn't a rights issue, because STV are allowed to show Champions League matches as it's only a regional branch of ITV rather than a seperate entity, and they do show the games occasionally, which includes non Celtic matches. I just don't understand why it's so sporadic. The Champions League is huge. It's as much for the neutral as the supporter. It'd be like the BBC showing River City instead of a World Cup game in Scotland, but showing it everywhere else in the UK.

There tended to be the excuse of cluttering up too many channels with football, but that is a heap of shite, especially considering pretty much everyone has Freeview these days, meaning more than 5 channels. It also doesn't wash seeing as though when it's Wimbledon, they put it on both terrestrial BBC's. Arse.

you can also stream every single live prem game for free online without a tv card.

I think the reasoning behind the champs league thing is to do with how the rights are bought for the games, i would assume STV and BBC scotland would only get rights for scottish games, i may be wrong tho.

I really dont see the problem you guys have tho, we live in scotland so they give scottish football priority over the english games, i would have thought that was obvious, its not suddenly become like this.

But they don't really give Scottish Football priority do they? If they did they would have made more of an effort to get the rights for the SPL, instead of it going to Setanta. What do we get, maybe 5 or 6 highlight packages of the Scottish Cup a year from BBC Scotland? I'd rather they spent that money on getting Balamory back on our screens, that way my little girl would stop moaning, and the level of entertainment would be better!

But they don't really give Scottish Football priority do they? If they did they would have made more of an effort to get the rights for the SPL, instead of it going to Setanta. What do we get, maybe 5 or 6 highlight packages of the Scottish Cup a year from BBC Scotland? I'd rather they spent that money on getting Balamory back on our screens, that way my little girl would stop moaning, and the level of entertainment would be better!

BBC dont have as much money as Setanta to throw at football, and they do give priority to the games and highlights they have rights for.

Are the streams reliable? I've had a go at 3 now, and all have been pretty unwatchable, and 2 of those went black at half time and never came back, so maybe I'm just doing it wrong... It's mental that ESPN Canada gets all the Saturday 3pm Preamier League coverage and the UK doesn't. I understand why the FA don't allow it to be covered, but to give the rights to other countries is harsh.

But yeah. I understand. This is Scotland, so Scottish football takes priority therefore Sportscene ruling over MOTD is understandable, but deciding to show a film re-run instead of Champions League football doesn't make too much sense. I know that this isn't a rights issue, because STV are allowed to show Champions League matches as it's only a regional branch of ITV rather than a seperate entity, and they do show the games occasionally, which includes non Celtic matches. I just don't understand why it's so sporadic. The Champions League is huge. It's as much for the neutral as the supporter. It'd be like the BBC showing River City instead of a World Cup game in Scotland, but showing it everywhere else in the UK.

There tended to be the excuse of cluttering up too many channels with football, but that is a heap of shite, especially considering pretty much everyone has Freeview these days, meaning more than 5 channels. It also doesn't wash seeing as though when it's Wimbledon, they put it on both terrestrial BBC's. Arse.

Did sky not buy up a lot of the rights for these games tho? I do see your point and it is annoying the only way to watch most of the champs league and prem league is to buy sky but i guess thats the way its going to be for a good few years.Are you sure there are no issues with region when it comes to the champs league games? If not then you are bang on the money with that comment.

As for streaming games, look for the ones from europe and america, english ones tend to be overly busy, i wont name names of sites as its against the rules but i have been able to stream every game ive wanted to, with decent quality, just have to mute the crazy spanish comentators.

ITV have the rights to Tuesday night Champions League and Sky have Wednesday nights. Manyoo are always on ITV1, but have occasionally been on STV this season in addition to their games against Celtic. But it just seems to be whenever they feel like it. The other English clubs are usually on ITV4. It's not a massive deal however. I don't know if you can get ITV London on Freeview or Virgin, but its a free channel on Sky, so all you need is the box/dish really - No expensive subscriptions... It's still weird though. At least put it on ITV3/4 so people with Freeview can watch it. It just makes so much more sense. Football is better than The Bill or bloody Emmerdale anyway.

Back in the day (about 10 years ago really), when Leeds were in Europe, ITV Yorkshire, where I lived, got all the Leeds games, which clashed with Manyoo games. Somehow, my portable was able to tune into a soundless, snowy ITV TyneTees which got the Manyoo CL games. They were good times. Everyone at my school moaned they couldn't watch the United games, and I could. That 30 year old portable was unstoppable.

I don't know what that has to do with anything. It was just great.

i have to admit having been back in engerland for this season, i can't say i miss scottish football much! old firm games always worth watching mind.

i think its a disgrace that scotland doesnt show some champions league and FA Cup games mind.

they show a 3PM Saturday game in Ireland usually one of the big 4 against someone crap.