aberdeen-music

Bass overdrive

GraemeC

Im looking for an overdrive pedal that will give me a touch of distortion and drive to give me the 'Jack Bruce through a Marshall' sound...

Any suggestions?

And no I have no intention of buying a Eb3 and vintage Marshall stack before someone suggests it.

G...

Im looking for an overdrive pedal that will give me a touch of distortion and drive to give me the 'Jack Bruce through a Marshall' sound...

Any suggestions?

And no I have no intention of buying a Eb3 and vintage Marshall stack before someone suggests it.

G...

not entirely sure what that sound is your looking for but, apparently them blackstar pedals are pretty good for bass OD. I think it's just the regular overdrive one, that was recommended. Apparently it sounds good directly recorded from that too.

I've used the TC vintage overdrive before and it's good for making you bass pop out of the mix for like a more technical bass line ... or a solo if thats your bag. if you're plodding along with roots notes and stuff it gets a bit scratchy and there is the inevitable loss of low end, but not as bad as the like of the big muff. pm me and you can try it out if ya like.