Two New Glass Wolves Songs

Fraser Mac

Check out the two new songs we recorded and put online today,

recorded them at seagate in dundee, highly recommend this studio to everyone,

comments+criticisms?

www,myspace.com/glasswolves

Upcoming Aberdeen Shows

7 May 2009 - Tunnels W/ Every Time I Die + All Station Down

11 May 2009 - Cafe Drummonds W/ To Catch A Predator, Enaura and To Our Glorious Dead.

29 Jun 2009 - Cafe Drummonds W/ xLIFERUINERx + Cyanide Serenity

Hi,

Flat mixes to be honest. The drums sound like they were miked in a cardboard box. The bass is too low to hear apart from when the guitar and vocals stop completely. The thing to ask yourself is does it sound like you sound at a live gig? Yeah, maybe the recording is clean and there are no noticable mistakes but does it get the hairs going on the back of your neck? For me, no.

That said, always good to hear of new studios. Where is Seagate? What are the prices like?

Its not too new like,near the bus station in dundee, we were 25 an hour, we fired both out in 4hr's

i would say the quality is greatly reduced through myspace, like through my ipod and on cd in my car they sound much better,

i would also say alot of the lower freqencys on the kick and the bass are done no justice buy myspace/laptop speakers, you only really hear the "klicky" top end of the kick,

yeah like the other guy said, the recordings are decent enough but they lack any kind of edge or something that makes them really hit you like this kind of music should. The vocals are not my kinda thing so i wont say much about them, the guitar sounds are nice but very middle of the road kinda rock sound. Also maybe look at getting your drums and guitar rythems a bit tighter.

Decent recordings tho, you guys can obviously all play your intruments well and have a good idea it seems of your sound.

Christ, what a difference decent recordings make eh?! These tracks sound about a hundred times better than the ones you had up before.

I'm gonna fly in the face of the trend prevailing on this thread and say I think the recordings are excellent given the amount of time you knocked them out in; clear, every element clean and crisp, big chunky guitar tone..... All in all, good job and well done boys!

Christ, what a difference decent recordings make eh?! These tracks sound about a hundred times better than the ones you had up before.

I'm gonna fly in the face of the trend prevailing on this thread and say I think the recordings are excellent given the amount of time you knocked them out in; clear, every element clean and crisp, big chunky guitar tone..... All in all, good job and well done boys!

cheers dude, we are going to keep comming back to seagate, very happy with every aspect of the experience

Recordings are a far cry better than the previous ones and I dare say I prefer these 2 songs to the other 2 that were up before.

I reckon once you have material for an EP/split/album and you were to spend a decent amount of time down in seagate, you could come out with a reet good release.

• 4 weeks later...

we (Ascension) Just recorded a new song, Time for war, and our 13 minute epic Durin's Bay at Seagate studio's in dundee to

Greame at seagate is a fucking legend, the quality of these new recordings we have ( which or not up yet, still finishing touches being made ) is just incomparable, seagates a fucking gem, i recommend any aberdeen band to make the trip down to this place to record.

sounding good, its not my kinda music glass wolves, but it sounds good.