aberdeen-music

Franz Ferdinand

Bigsby

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Oocha bastard. Didn't even know about this! Missed them at Moshulu last time, and want to go to this. But the Box Office website has crashed.

I'm at position 18 in the phone queue. The Box Office hold music is so bad I'm considering giving up on the idea of going to this gig. Jesus.

EDIT: Holy fuck. Worse than the music the nice lady on the automated service just said "You are at queue position 18" about 18 times, then the shit music came back on. Fucking hell this is shite.

I got through to Box Office on the phone. Still tickets available but there's been a problem with the website or something and I got told to phone back in 15 minutes fucksake.

Got tickets from the Box Office. Got through online, then had to call in person as there was some problem with the booking. But, there are 2 tickets ready for me to pick up which I'll get at lunchtime. Nice one.

Good shout Bigsby :up:

I just got off seetickets.com. Thanks for the heads up, I didn't even know about this.

I hadn't heard about it till today either. I was just having a conversation with someone (not connected to Music Hall) who said it was announced in the paper on Sunday, and he was then speaking to someone from the Music Hall who told him it wasn't even confirmed at that point.

So, looks as if it was only confirmed a matter of days ago, hence people not having heard about it.

I don't really care though cos I've got tickets thanks to Mr Bigsby's thread. I salute you.

• 5 months later...
Guest Gladstone

Fuckity fuck. For some reason I didn't pick the bloody tickets up that I bought, and clean forgot about it. Someone I know who works at the Box Office just posted on my wall on Facebook asking why I didn't go to Franz Ferdinand.

I didn't even remember that I bought tickets. Bollocks.

Did anyone go? Was it good?

Please tell me it was the worst gig ever...

It was good, not brilliant. They played their songs well but the sound in the Music Hall was just awful and you couldn't make out any of the lyrics, in fact it was so bad that even when he was just talking to the crowd between the songs you couldn't make out a word he was saying.

The music was good but they were missing a bit of energy and banter, they seeemd a bit jaded. Plus they ended the set on a 20 minute instrumental synth jam, which was just totally self-indulgent and boring as fuck.

Three out of five.

I quite enjoyed the synth-jam at the end. You can tell it was Music Hall as people behind me spoke all the way through until they played Take Me Out. I'd give em a 4. Maybe.

Support band Music Go Music...currently being hyped as one of the sounds of 2010 sounded like Bucks Fizz fronting Lordi...awful Euro-sound.