aberdeen-music

Looking to buy Tom Delonge Strat

LMS2

Hey I've been searching high and low with no luck...i think my best bet is ebay but no luck so far on ebay.

I'm looking to buy a Tom Delonge signature strat in surf green.

Anyone looking to sell or have any info that could help me please,

thanks for any help..Lee.

They don't make them anymore, so they are fairly hard to come by, especially brand new and especially in surf green, as that was the one he used most by the looks of it.

It'd be easy to put your own together, mind - as that's what he did originally. Just get hold of a Strat with a humbucker sized cavity (if you're not too handy at cutting out wood cavities), rip out the singles and the extra pots and get one of the Tom Delonge Strat scratchplates. You'll be doing yourself a favour, as it won't say Tom Delonge on the guitar anywhere, and you'll have the option to choose a better pickup than the fucking GODAWFUL Seymour Duncan Invader. It'll probably cost you a bit less than the rate they go for an ebay, I imagine. Especially as it's not even a USA Strat, the cheap cunt.

They don't make them anymore, so they are fairly hard to come by, especially brand new and especially in surf green, as that was the one he used most by the looks of it.

It'd be easy to put your own together, mind - as that's what he did originally. Just get hold of a Strat with a humbucker sized cavity (if you're not too handy at cutting out wood cavities), rip out the singles and the extra pots and get one of the Tom Delonge Strat scratchplates. You'll be doing yourself a favour, as it won't say Tom Delonge on the guitar anywhere, and you'll have the option to choose a better pickup than the fucking GODAWFUL Seymour Duncan Invader. It'll probably cost you a bit less than the rate they go for an ebay, I imagine. Especially as it's not even a USA Strat, the cheap cunt.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to look into that, seems like there is advantages in doing it this way - especialy costings wise - see if there is money to be saved.

Thanks for your your time it's much appreciated

Lee