aberdeen-music

Budget 2009

Any extra cash you guys think you have will be more than wiped out by a combination of inflation and higher prices.

Increased food prices alone will amount to extra 100s a year being spent for most people.

Sorry, but you're almost guaranteed to be more skint.

no shit sherlock, but its nice to revel in some good news every now and again

I think the car scrapping thing buggers me up!

My car is 6 months shy of being 10 years old during the 2000 scrapping bonus. So does that make it worth less now?

I.e if I had an H reg fiesta that was worth five quid, it would now be worth 1000 to the garage and 1000 to the government so long as I bought a new car.

But I've got a golf which is said to be worth 1300. But would a garage offer that now knowing that they have to cover cars like the fiesta example?

Any extra cash you guys think you have will be more than wiped out by a combination of inflation and higher prices.

Increased food prices alone will amount to extra 100s a year being spent for most people.

Sorry, but you're almost guaranteed to be more skint.

I thought we were heading towards deflation, not inflation.

I thought we were heading towards deflation, not inflation.

We might be heading in that direction longer term, but we're not there yet. I guess it all depends on how you measure inflation.....there was a report recently saying that the Retail Price Index went negative for the first time since the 60s earlier this month, but the Consumer Price Index (which is the more representative measure as I understand it) is just under 3%.

Not exactly sky high, but still several times higher than interest rates.

I think the car scrapping thing buggers me up!

My car is 6 months shy of being 10 years old during the 2000 scrapping bonus. So does that make it worth less now?

I.e if I had an H reg fiesta that was worth five quid, it would now be worth 1000 to the garage and 1000 to the government so long as I bought a new car.

But I've got a golf which is said to be worth 1300. But would a garage offer that now knowing that they have to cover cars like the fiesta example?

Look at it this way. If everyone is scrapping their 10 yr old cars then there will eventually be less on the market, so that may support the resale price. I don't think a majority of sane people want to go further into debt at this point and may just want a good runner to get around in.

Well it looks like I'll be paying more for booze and fags.

I'm still not going back to smoking roll-ups though. They're fucking vile.

And as for booze, not even the enticement of cheap beer will get me to waste a night out by visiting Archibald Simpsons.

So fuck you Darling, your attempt to turn me into a shell-suit wearing chav has failed...... at least until fags become 7 a packet and pints 3!