aberdeen-music

Stonehaven Folk Festival 9th - 12th July

Chris

See that the lineup for the Stonehaven Folk Festival is up (must have missed the announcement, they could certainly do better at shouting about these things):

Peatbog Faeries

Ralph McTell

Karine Polwart Trio

Martin Simpson

Cara Dillon

Heidi Talbot with John McCusker & Boo Hewerdine

Sands Family

Idiot & Friend

Shona Kipling & Damien O'Kane

Skalder

Burns Quoir

Tradition Bearers

Karine Polwart, Aileen Carr

Tom Spiers + Norman Kennedy

Comperes

Martin Kasprowicz, Ron Gardner,

Geordie Murison

Pretty decent lineup, especially with Karine Polwart, Cara Dillon and Heidi Talbot :love:

Tickets on sale on May 5th.

STONEHAVEN FOLK FESTIVAL 2008

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Alrighty folks. If you guys still need any info just give me a shout. Its my ma that books all the artists for the festival so i can find out ticket prices and the likes for anyone that wants to know.

Also yeah, its not the best advertised festival ever but it is always fun!!

Could you just post the ticket prices and such like on this thread so everyone who's interested on here will then know?

• 2 months later...

we left halfway through peatbog fairies tonight. my god they were shit. skalder were superb though, really great young band with some nice inventive songs. my worst fear is that they turn into the peatbog fairies in ten years time.

seems very well run though, and the rest of the line up should be awesome fun particularly sunday.

The Peatbog Faeries have found a formula and by jove they're going to stick to it! Very boring. Crowd seemed to like it, though most didn't seem as impressed by Skalder. Guess we went there with different expectations from the rest of the crowd.

Skalder were great, some great ideas.

last nights gig was excellent, enjoyed all three acts, Karine's new material was excellent and Ralph McTell was most enjoyable! I thought Boo's songs were the strongest in the talbot, mccusker collaborative

20 mins max between acts please thanks! stretched on for faaaar too long. 7pm to 11.15 for 3 acts is stupidly long, I was nearly falling asleep by the end of Ralph McTell's set and willing it to end. :(

20 mins max between acts please thanks! stretched on for faaaar too long. 7pm to 11.15 for 3 acts is stupidly long, I was nearly falling asleep by the end of Ralph McTell's set and willing it to end. :(

Me too! But I didn't enjoy him as much as Karine or Heidi/McCusker/Boo and it was our 4 night on the trot so exhaustion was setting in. To be fair they were pretty sharp the rest of the weekend and they would've been quicker if they hadn't had to totally reset the stage for McTell. Dunno why he couldn't have just played with the lights and monitors still there.

Great weekend though, definitely going to do it again (though maybe not next year as a friend has arranged his wedding for what I imagine is the same weekend).