aberdeen-music

The marionettes + black poets + cast of the capital + the colour proposal @ drummonds

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Cast of the Capital are as tight as a duck's arsehole (water tight) and i enjoyed every minute of their set, and although i've seen them previously, the quality of tunes they are now playing have made them one of my favourite bands in town, can't wait to see them again.

the Colour Proposal were also very good last night, i'd never seen them before, and didn't really know anything about them. They were very entertaining to watch on stage as they seemed to be having a blast, and they were musically tight too.. so yeah, i'll be along to see them again as well, and so should you.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Got to say, I was very impressed with The Colour Proposal. I'd only seen them once live and it was playing with us at a shite BOTB thing at O'Neill's a couple of years ago, so difficult to judge them on that. I have liked their tunes for a while, which is why I booked them, and was interested to see what they'd be like live, and I thought they were great and complimented the night well.

First time I've actually managed to see Cast of the Capital live. Fuck me they are good.

Black Poets - another band that seems to be in on the resurgence of new wave/80s sounding bands at the moment - I really enjoyed them, and hope to get them back up to Aberdeen sometime, but with a bigger crowd!!

The Marionettes - one of my two favourite bands in Aberdeen. These boys should not be playing to 20 odd people in Drummonds, but absolutely ram-packed venues up and down the country. Hopefully this time next year, they'll have the fans they deserve....

Anyway - this is the last gig outside the Exposure clubnights I'll be putting on for a good while. They were all good fun, but I need to find a way of getting more people to come to them :)

the Colour Proposal were also very good last night, i'd never seen them before, and didn't really know anything about them. They were very entertaining to watch on stage as they seemed to be having a blast, and they were musically tight too.. so yeah, i'll be along to see them again as well, and so should you.
Got to say, I was very impressed with The Colour Proposal. I'd only seen them once live and it was playing with us at a shite BOTB thing at O'Neill's a couple of years ago, so difficult to judge them on that. I have liked their tunes for a while, which is why I booked them, and was interested to see what they'd be like live, and I thought they were great and complimented the night well.

Thank you very much for the compliments! :)

Anyways, we had a blast last night and thoroughly enjoyed both Cast of the Capital and Black Poet's sets which were both stunningly, staggeringly good. Unfortunately I had to bail out prior to The Marionettes set which I was really hacked off about but reports I've heard were that it was also very good - I will definitely be making sure I catch you guys properly next time around!

I don't mean to continue with this common trend of everyone sucking each other off but I now firmly believe that Cast of the Capital are hands down the best band this city has to offer. They obviously work hard to produce the sophisticated lo-fi sound they have going and they are unique in this part of the country to say the least. With more backing and support this band should go far, it would be unjust for them not to experience success.

That's it.....no more dick sucking in this thread!