aberdeen-music

Posters in Five...

Wax

Last year we clamped down on those other venues that refused to reciprocate, so we no longer feature posters for gigs at The Tunnels, Drummonds, or Moshulu. Their stance is strange as they generally put on several times as many gigs as we do, so reciprocation would actually work in their favour, but hey...

Rather than clamp down on other venues, we'll clamp down on promoters who don't abide by a reasonable amount of etiquette. I wouldn't want to penalise the likes of IMP, etc. who use various venues. Instead we'll keep an eye out in town to see who's removing Snafu posters and replacing them and we'll try to hit the promoter in the pocket rather than the venue.

Anyway, Moorings posters are usually bright and colourful - they add character to the wall!

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Rather than clamp down on other venues, we'll clamp down on promoters who don't abide by a reasonable amount of etiquette. I wouldn't want to penalise the likes of IMP, etc. who use various venues. Instead we'll keep an eye out in town to see who's removing Snafu posters and replacing them and we'll try to hit the promoter in the pocket rather than the venue.

Anyway, Moorings posters are usually bright and colourful - they add character to the wall!

What a reasonable bunch of chaps you Snafu/Five people are.

Another reason for me to love Snafu. :)

Nice one Gomez...good work mate.

Abdn is really limited for decent poster sites as you'll know.

Good to have a new one in a quality bar.

I wish bars in Aberdeen were a bit more like Glasgow (and Five) where alot of them have poster walls.

But theres nothing more fukkin annoying than doing a poster run then a few days later yours are down and another in it place. I live in the centre of town & walk past a few poster sites most days I noitce straight away...but never catch anyone in the act...so can't prove anything.

(Well thats a lie. I once caught some Espionage staff taking down one of my posters and they wont be doing that again in a hurry...)

Poster diplomacy: never take a poster down unless its out of date. Basics.

Anyway. Here's to more bars putting up posters :up:

-

-

you can make a tshirt out of posters and il walk around Aberdeen advertising if you like

Im a big guy, enough room for a few posters haha

But no, its good to see places that put up posters, not only that I personally think a mass of posters makes a wall look fuckin awesome. should see my room, floor to ceiling posters I've liked or have been given

and flyers