aberdeen-music

Epiphone Thunderbird Hard Case

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Anyone got one for sale?

I got one of those Ritter gig bags with my bass when I bought it, but it's total garbage and falling to bits...

Chris used a Thunderbird when we were in Deadenstereo years ago, and I seem to remember he bought a hard case online that was mean for a synth. He then bought padding section that fitted around the bass like a jigsaw. I don't think it was that dear either.

Epiphone Thunderbird Case (940ETBCS) from GigGear.co.uk

In case you can't score one cheaply on here :up:

Nice one. 60 ain't all that bad either - some of the soft cases from BM are 40+ anyway (and then proceed to fall to bits....). I think my hard case for my acoustic bass was about 40 from BM when I bought the bass.

I'll hold off to see if I can find it slightly cheaper though :up:

• 8 months later...
Guest Gladstone

Bumping up an old thread. I still haven't bought the hard case, but my soft case is really on its last legs now...

Counted up the cash out of my "change jar" and am going to buy a hard case as a late Christmas present to myself.

Anyone have or know of a thunderbird hard case going for not a lot of cash??

:up:

Bumping up an old thread. I still haven't bought the hard case, but my soft case is really on its last legs now...

Counted up the cash out of my "change jar" and am going to buy a hard case as a late Christmas present to myself.

Anyone have or know of a thunderbird hard case going for not a lot of cash??

:up:

I had to bite the bullet and buy a new one. No-one in the local area had one when I was looking.

60 about the cheapest I'll get it you reckon?

Yeah, this is where I bought mine.

Expect a wait wherever you order from, nowhere stocks them, they are all supplier order. Mine came reasonably quickly though, and the guys at Gig Gear seem to be sound.

It is a cracking case though, weighs a ton but I'm pretty sure it could bounce down a flight of stairs no problems.

Guest Gladstone
Yeah, this is where I bought mine.

Expect a wait wherever you order from, nowhere stocks them, they are all supplier order. Mine came reasonably quickly though, and the guys at Gig Gear seem to be sound.

It is a cracking case though, weighs a ton but I'm pretty sure it could bounce down a flight of stairs no problems.

Aye - that's where I was planning to order from, and will probably do so today.

I'm hoping to use the case for "sledging" down stairs to save carrying all my stuff down stairs - should be sturdy enough to handle it aye?