aberdeen-music

Gibson SG Special - px for Les Paul/ESP

Fraser Mac

For Sale as i would like a new Les Paul, i have a Epiphone Les Paul studio atm, but its just not chunky enougth, i would also consider a swap for an ESP eclipse with some money your way too,

looking for 400 for the SG, or a straight swap if i think the les paul is worth it,

SG is in the condition i bought it from the store from, havnt played it much, could possibly do with a string change,

sg1.jpg

sg2.jpg

Not sure what you mean by the Epi not being chunky though. If it's the sound you are on about just change the pickups. I did this on my Epi SG and it sounds great. I A/B it with a Gibson 61 RI, and the band preferred the sound of the Epi.

I fitted a pair of Wizard pick ups. A racer, and a progression.

Wizard Pickups

I mean chunky as in the guitar itself, the Studio and studio gothics are much thinner/lighter. it sound chunky enougth because it has an EMG81 loaded into it.

I mean chunky as in the guitar itself, the Studio and studio gothics are much thinner/lighter. it sound chunky enougth because it has an EMG81 loaded into it.

You must mean heavy then. I had an Epi LP and a Gibson LP and they were both the same size. The Epi was a little bit lighter which was a blessing after 3hrs+ at a practice setting. Are you sure you are not getting the "I've been talking myself into need a USA LP" syndrome rather than there being anything wrong with the Epi sound or weight, or chunkiness. No offence bro, as we have all done it a some point.

You could possibly be correct, i had the loan of one of my mates Epi custom, and i prefered that alot, im either going to buy a Custom or an ESP LTD Viper 200FM,

I think Original Spies has one of them with a Dimebucker in it.

Andy from Wizard Pickups is the bomb!

Andy from Wizard Pickups is the bomb!

Aye, nice guy, ace pickups. I call him up a lot and he still has time for a chat, just don't get him on the subject of BK.

He's got a new humbucker sized P90 pickup now. I fancy putting a set in my 335 copy, if going by my epi SG is anything to go by, it will rooooock!

I've put a few guys in touch and they always seem to get a good deal and good advice.