aberdeen-music

Britain's Got Talent

Monster Zero

I usually avoid this like the plague but I had it on while I was eating my dinner last week, gotta say like that woman could REALLY fucking sing. It's a brilliant song anyway and she did a great job of singing it. I think everyone thought she was just going be useless and a nutter so it was a bit of a shock when she started singing, however the standing ovation and Amanda Holden crying was a bit OTT. Those programs are designed to manipulate your emotions and tug at the heart strings. EVERYBODY has a sob story.

I usually avoid this like the plague but I had it on while I was eating my dinner last week, gotta say like that woman could REALLY fucking sing. It's a brilliant song anyway and she did a great job of singing it. I think everyone thought she was just going be useless and a nutter so it was a bit of a shock when she started singing, however the standing ovation and Amanda Holden crying was a bit OTT. Those programs are designed to manipulate your emotions and tug at the heart strings. EVERYBODY has a sob story.

I haven't actually heard her, I'm sure she is good, it's more the way the media selects the munter who could knit an Arran sweater from her eyebrows as being worthy of massive coverage. Aw, she's never been kissed at the age of 48 either, bless.

Urgh.

I agree..... when she opened her mouth and sang, it WAS awesome !

(she defo looked very underdoggish, maybe a major makeover will help !)

Cowell will have her doing show tunes etc, on CD very shortly, I'm sure !

Good Luck to her.....

Jinkies! That's a bit harsh! She's nae bonnie, but wouldn't tarnish her with that level of judgement.

The inevitable (sp?) make over will be on the cards soon I guess...

? really?

00023550.jpg

look at that and imagine it flipped upside down swinging in an agitated manner from between some guys sweaty thighs. eurgh.

• Upvote 1

I missed this last week and had seen all the hype in the press before I finally looked up the clip tonight. Is it wrong to say I don't think she was that amazing? Granted she can hold a tune, but some of her singing was a bit..shouty..especially the top notes.

I'm going to put that down to nerves though as the recording of her singing Cry Me A River is much, much better. I think I was expecting some earth-shattering moment when I finally heard it.

I'm not one to knock either - I love a good sob story/inane reality TV hero worship as much as the next person. Would her story have been so hyped had she been a raging hottie? I don't think so.Good luck to her though.

YouTube - Susan Boyle - Singer - Britains Got Talent 2009 (With Lyrics) For anyone who hasn't seen her.

she's nae bonnie but she doesn't look like any other old lady despite the fact she's not that old

Have to say i hadn't heard her actually sing before i clicked the link above but christ on a bike that woman can sing. I bet the the pot ugly emoid lassie who was turning her make-up caked nose up at her before she had even sung feels like a proper 'nana now.

good lord do the media consistently look for the new princess diana, someone the good old shallow people of the united kingdom can take to their hearts? just watched the clip and sure she can belt out a tune but they're taking this out of all proportion!

when i first saw a picture of her i thought she was bloke about to have a sex change!