aberdeen-music

Aberdeen-Music stalking.

Lemonade

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2017 at 3:01 PM, Adam Easy Wishes said:

How often do you Google "Roger Kimmett", @Cloud?

I didn't Google him this time!

On 11/07/2017 at 3:55 PM, James Broonbreed said:

Haha, what fucking sane person, after having Roger Kimmet round for a quote, thinks "Yeah, I'll get him to do work on my fucking chimney"?

I wondered the same! I mean, letting Roger Kimmett into your house is bad enough, let alone actually getting him to do any work for you :/

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Gypsum_Fantastic said:

One of the Officer "twins"? And some cartoon villainy from Rangers fans.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/gers-fans-kicked-boys-sand-castle/

Councillor Sarah Dickinson, who represents the Stonehaven and Lower Deeside ward, admitted she was shocked when she heard of the incident.

She said: “It’s just plain bad behaviour. I’m shocked anybody would behave in that way, especially a child. I hope it’s an isolated incident.”

Good to see the Councillor is blaming Officer Jr. rather than the gers fans.

Twitter is a cesspit of dickheads. An accumulation of the worst people on earth all under one roof. Especially if they're posting about football. The thread of comments isn't too surprising.

Bizarre how hundreds of people who weren't even there are just blindly saying "Nope. Didn't happen". One saying that it couldn't possibly happen because Stonehaven is some way off the A90. But it's like, 2 minutes, is it not?

6 minutes ago, Soda Jerk said:

Bizarre how hundreds of people who weren't even there are just blindly saying "Nope. Didn't happen". One saying that it couldn't possibly happen because Stonehaven is some way off the A90. But it's like, 2 minutes, is it not?

Yes, and clearly the bus entered Stonehaven to allow fans to have a drink or use toilet facilities or get something to eat.

To be honest if there was a lie to be made up involving Rangers fans being dicks then I'm sure Dave would have managed to come up with something other than kicking in his son's sandcastles.

49 minutes ago, Soda Jerk said:

Twitter is a cesspit of dickheads. An accumulation of the worst people on earth all under one roof. Especially if they're posting about football. The thread of comments isn't too surprising.

A combination of mob mentality and online anonymity, plus the fact that most Rangers fans are pricks to begin with. It's mental how much they just close ranks whenever anyone dares call out their fans on their shitty behaviour. Hiding behind nonsense like this "Anti Rangers agenda" that everyone who blames them for anything immediately gets accused of having (including Dave). It doesn't even occur to them that's its possible that one small group of their fans might just have been acting like drunk dickheads that one day. Just "nope, didn't happen". They really are the worst fans in existence. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2018 at 6:05 PM, Lemonade said:

They really are the worst fans in existence. 

I have no idea what it is about them, but they're just as bad abroad as well. I met one in Spain in a random Scottish pub, and the prick was going on non-stop about how Rangers have been hard done by and how they were cheated by everyone blah blah blah. Unsurprisingly, he didn't speak a word of Spanish and he knew fuck all about football in general, it was just Rangers this Rangers that.

Scottish football would be all the better for it if Rangers were allowed to fuck off and join the English leagues.

Edited by Cloud

On 8/17/2018 at 9:33 AM, Soda Jerk said:

The Football League wouldn't but I'd bet the Premier League wouldn't scoff at bringing both the old firm down, if there was a way to do it, for the £££.

I hope not though.

There's no reason why they couldn't, there's already Welsh teams playing in England and an English team playing in Scotland. The only question would be on how they could join, though starting from the bottom of League 2 is hardly a new experience for Rangers. They could easily just allow the Premier League to go to 22 teams for one season though, and relegate more teams than usual for that one year. 

It's about time that we had proper cross border leagues. 

3 hours ago, Cloud said:

There's no reason why they couldn't, there's already Welsh teams playing in England and an English team playing in Scotland. The only question would be on how they could join, though starting from the bottom of League 2 is hardly a new experience for Rangers. They could easily just allow the Premier League to go to 22 teams for one season though, and relegate more teams than usual for that one year. 

The fucking fever dream that is the Irn Bru Cup begs to differ. 

-----

Second round draw in full

The New Saints vs Queen’s Park

Falkirk vs Connah’s Quay Nomads

Boreham Wood vs Dunfermline

Airdrieonians vs Sutton United

Coleraine vs Formartine United

Queen of the South vs Crusaders

Sligo Rovers vs Forfar/Livingston Colts

Peterhead vs Bohemians

East Fife vs Partick Thistle

Arbroath vs Annan Athletic

Dumbarton vs Montrose

Dundee United vs Alloa Athletic

Dundee Colts vs Motherwell Colts

East Kilbride vs Edinburgh City

St Mirren Colts vs Hamilton Colts

Ross County vs Raith Rovers

8 hours ago, Cloud said:

The major reason would be that it would be deeply unpopular this side of the border. The football league clubs don't even want the B teams of English clubs in the Football League or even in the EFL Trophy and have vehemently voted against it. No chance they'd vote in favour of Scottish clubs coming aboard.

It's true that there are Welsh teams, though Cardiff and Swansea didn't go from being established in the Welsh league over to the English league, they started within it as it was professional, and the Welsh football league was amateur and regional at that time. (Wrexham started in the English football league because their formation predated a Welsh football league system). Moving from being the best clubs in one country's league to another, for what will be for financial gain and exposure, would be unprecedented.

The knock-on effect of a 22 team Premier League would ripple down the football pyramid. Every division would need to have more relegations as well, and the end result is two English clubs being punted out of the Football League and into the Vanarama Conference to accommodate two Scottish clubs. If that happened, fans would be majorly pissed. If the Old Firm were to join English football, they should have to start much lower down the pyramid, as a newly formed club, like AFC Wimbledon did. There's no real reason they should get a free pass into the Football League because of their reputation at the expense of clubs who have been a part of the system for the best past of the last 100 years.

But I don't think it should happen at all. A cross-border cup competition involving all professional clubs from England and Scotland, at the expense of each country's League Cup would be pretty good, but the two best teams from Scotland leaving Scottish football forever would be weird. And from a long term perspective, with Brexit and whatnot, I envisage Scotland not being a part of the UK in the not so distant future anyway. At that point, it wouldn't just be a cross-border league, but an international one.

TL;DR we don't want Rangers fans travelling to England and kicking our sandcastles every fortnight.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...