aberdeen-music

Band stole equipment

Limeworld

Just had a smashing gig tonight but got some news from the venue owner apparently at our gig at cellar 35 on april 9th a band stole the whole high hat and left their broken one without a clutch, Its been over a week and none of the bands have gotten in touch with us.

Unfourtunatly the gig on the 9th was cut short because there were to many people under age in the venue so the only band that got to play were the go-slows from aberdeen - we are not saying it was their fault but we just going by what we have been told, If you have it please give us a buzz. (Its a pearl high hat that was stolen)

I think its pretty bad when you have to check bands cases to make sure they haven't stole equipment.

Has this ever happened to you?

Have you tried to contact the bands directly rather than waiting for them to contact you? I'm not defending whoever took the hi-hat, but presumably they all have Myspaces and suchlike you could send them a message on (like The Go-Slow on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads ) before you go naming and shaming them in public.... Unlikely as it is there is always a chance that someone took it by accident - I've done this myself when packing up quickly after a gig or practice, and haven't noticed until I've gone back into my gig bag a week or so later.

Incidentally, why did the gig get cut short because of under age people being in? Wouldn't you just ID everyone and chuck out the underagers?

Just had a smashing gig tonight but got some news from the venue owner apparently at our gig at cellar 35 on april 9th a band stole the whole high hat and left their broken one without a clutch, Its been over a week and none of the bands have gotten in touch with us.

Unfourtunatly the gig on the 9th was cut short because there were to many people under age in the venue so the only band that got to play were the go-slows from aberdeen - we are not saying it was their fault but we just going by what we have been told, If you have it please give us a buzz. (Its a pearl high hat that was stolen)

I think its pretty bad when you have to check bands cases to make sure they haven't stole equipment.

Has this ever happened to you?

one wee thing tho, you do know a clutch will cost you about 2 to replace yeah? I know its not the point but if that saves you a bit of hassle with the venue, i could get my hands on a second hand one cheap as well if it helps smooth over the venue.

But i really would tell all the bands involved in the night that unless it is returned then none of them will get a gig with you again. I know it seems harsh but unless you know which band did it then ban them all. Ive got no time for theives.

one wee thing tho, you do know a clutch will cost you about 2 to replace yeah? I know its not the point but if that saves you a bit of hassle with the venue, i could get my hands on a second hand one cheap as well if it helps smooth over the venue.

But i really would tell all the bands involved in the night that unless it is returned then none of them will get a gig with you again. I know it seems harsh but unless you know which band did it then ban them all. Ive got no time for theives.

I see you're point, but then again the value dosen't really metter does it? My understanding was that the whole hi hat was taken, and a broken one left in place, the whole stand can't be replaced for 2.

I reckon we get all the bands involved, and kick there cunts up and down Union Street until whoever took it owns up, and I'm tellin you I have size 11s and could kick all day if need be!

I see you're point, but then again the value dosen't really metter does it? My understanding was that the whole hi hat was taken, and a broken one left in place, the whole stand can't be replaced for 2.

I reckon we get all the bands involved, and kick there cunts up and down Union Street until whoever took it owns up, and I'm tellin you I have size 11s and could kick all day if need be!

sorry i missed a bit in my original post, it should have said i can get a cheap hi hat stand second hand if it helps.

Your right tho its not the point its not the value of the equipment thats the problem, its the fact some knob nicked it, i just offered as it may help him continue to do gigs in the venue without having to dip greatly into his own pockets.

I took the stand back on Friday afternoon and picked up the one I left there that was missing a clasp or something. Nobody was pissed off. I had actually found out about error on Thursday night from the bar staff there and let them know then that I'd be down to drop it off on Friday. Feel like this was a bit of a mountain out of a mole hill to be honest.