aberdeen-music

1ztra documentary on scottish "urban music" scene

Djamba

you cant be daft enough to think this site actually offers an insight into the vast types of music being performed in this city right?

It's rich that you of all people should militantly point out how poorly actual MUSIC is represented on this website, as lost among the immature, teenagery shit that hogs most of the bandwidth it indeed is... but spot on really.

I find it funny that you think that the BBC would bother their arses to read ab-mu in the first place, if they even know about it!

I googled "urban music aberdeen" and apart from this thread the top hits are The Moorings, Liquid and a band called Aberdeen City. I can't imagine the researchers going any further unless they knew of existing club nights that were based in Aberdeen. Anyway, most of these documentaries are suggested by people who want to promote their own nights / clubs / bands / DJs / labels and can sell their idea to the radio station. Anyone from around here done that lately? No? Really?

It's rich that you of all people should militantly point out how poorly actual MUSIC is represented on this website, as lost among the immature, teenagery shit that hogs most of the bandwidth it indeed is... but spot on really.

By actual music do you mean different genre's or the fact that more than half the posts on here have nothing to do with musical discussion?

I didnt think it was militantly put but whatever floats your boat.

Well said that man. I get totally pissed off when folk slate Aberdeen and what is "doesn't offer" Well if it aint "your cup of tea" feck off to where it is "your cup of tea"

There have been and indeed are shit loads of good bands in Aberdeen but it's this attitude of the central belt is better that is stifling the talent up here.

So, get up of yer arses and either A. look for whats good musically in Aberdeen instead of jumping on the Glasgow,Edinburgh etc are miles better bandwagon. or B. Move to Glasgow or Edinburgh as you clearly dont find what stimulates you in Aberdeen.

Nothing stiffles the talent up here except for lazyness, ive said it time and time again, but you can easily do as much musicaly being based in aberdeen as you can in any other part of britain, as long as you put the effort it.

Moving to glasgow seems to be this masterplan bands have, thinking they will get noticed if they are in glasgow, its so much bollocks, ive seen so many bands move there, do fuck all and split up.

Moving to glasgow seems to be this masterplan bands have, thinking they will get noticed if they are in glasgow, its so much bollocks, ive seen so many bands move there, do fuck all and split up.

Yeah, thats what happened to the Fox alright.

I, at least, have got a tolerable job out of it, and I was bored of hometown.

Yeah, thats what happened to the Fox alright.

I, at least, have got a tolerable job out of it, and I was bored of hometown.

i was very disapointed you guys split up, when you all lived up here and giged up here you were awesome, always had the crowd dancing and the buckie flowing, damm shame you guys fell to the wayside.