aberdeen-music

New iname demo

ben_1903

Hello!

We have uploaded re-recording of a song to our myspace

'Skin and Bone'

please check it out - iname on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

feedback welcome, and on that note - we know the bass is a little too loud, and it'll be reduced in the next week or so.

:up:

If anyone is interested - it was recorded at the mill with Rob Smith.

bass isn't too bad. drums could have a teeny bit more oomph about them i think but that could be myspace players poor quality. overall the recording is pretty good. rob's done a grand job there.

i think the song's a little dull. you guys could be ace if you took some more risks i think. you can all play really well and are into some fine bands but it's a bit samey. i love the post-rock but i want to hear more original stuff going on in the genre.

it's not all bad though. the song is solid enough and it rocks along quite nicely. i just think that you guys are capable of much better stuff and in a couple of years you should hopefully be looking back on it and marvelling at how much you've progressed.

i think the song's a little dull. you guys could be ace if you took some more risks i think. you can all play really well and are into some fine bands but it's a bit samey.

i agree with this. you's all seem to be able to play yr instuments real well, and if you maybe try and stray away from the 'peaks and troughs' post rock mindset it could turn out pretty good. some of the actual ideas, especially the drum ideas at the start and some of the quiet guitar parts, are good, but there just not arranged in a way that excites me. have you ever heard Telos by fault and fracture? it's rubbish! but i think we tried to get away from that whole build up thing. although it may not have gotten any better i don't think it was boring... i think there is a point in there somewhere.

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.10406/724; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

cheers for feedback guys. Its actually my favorite iname song' date=' particularly live where i think its very engrgetic - come see us on april 27th at tunnels?[/quote']

Alas i shall not be in aberdeen that day. I'll catch you next time. I did see you at the tunnels a while back and thought much the same then though there were some really good bits.

i like your drumming too.

not a fan, and I can't think why.

it really just lacks something.

It's a little out of time here and there as well.

Also, this is just nit picking, but you guys do not sound like Tool, or Funeral Diner, so seeing that on your page is a little odd. Maybe they influence you, A LOT, but you don't sound like either of them.

The bass is a little too loud in the mix and there isn't enough BASS on the bass. The guitars are also a little too loud i.m.o. At some points, it seems like the drums get drowned out.