aberdeen-music

Murder at Sainsburys Berryden

• 2 weeks later...
Cases like this too me always bring the death sentance going through my head, but i think a worse punishment is prison, for life, locked up and throw the key away, no chance of getting out. ever. I can't believe anyone can be so sadistic and take someone's life like that, apparently laughing? I bet he won't even get a full life sentence. fucking hell.

Nah, he will be out in a couple of years for good behaviour.

This country is fucked.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
At the risk of coming over all Daily Mail, this dude could be out in ten years?

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | North East/N Isles | Life for supermarket murder man

This dude has to serve at least 24, also for murdering someone by stabbing them. Hmm.

'Evil bully' to serve at least 24 years for stabbing girlfriend to death - Scotsman.com News

Seems pretty clear why. One has psychological issues adn was a one off attack, the other was a repeat offender towards women.

Force petty criminals to serve a sentence in the army instead of prison. 2 years on the frontline will make a man of anyone and put them on the straight and narrow, instead of 2 years in prison where they'll have access to more drugs than they can get on the outside. This will also solve the overcrowding problem and boost falling army recruitment numbers. BANG! Next issue please.

Force petty criminals to serve a sentence in the army instead of prison. 2 years on the frontline will make a man of anyone and put them on the straight and narrow, instead of 2 years in prison where they'll have access to more drugs than they can get on the outside. This will also solve the overcrowding problem and boost falling army recruitment numbers. BANG! Next issue please.

Hmm, not that long ago people were getting worked up about gays not being able to concentrate on their duties because they fancy their colleagues, do you think murderers and rapists would be better motivated and more trustworthy?

• Upvote 1

Hmm, not that long ago people were getting worked up about gays not being able to concentrate on their duties because they fancy their colleagues, do you think murderers and rapists would be better motivated and more trustworthy?

Nor murderers and rapists, I did say petty criminals, shoplifters, car thieves etc. Whack em into the army while they are still young enough to turn their life around.

Nor murderers and rapists, I did say petty criminals, shoplifters, car thieves etc. Whack em into the army while they are still young enough to turn their life around.

Yes, before they become murderers, rapists and paedophiles.

I honestly don't think it's a bad idea if they are given the option - prison or army.

Well, Mahoney benefitted massively from a similar ultimatum in the first Police Academy.

Hmmm, I wouldn't want to give our criminals the opportunity for such high jinx and cameraderie or the chance of boning the older one from sex and the city. On second thoughts maybe castration for first offenders and death for repeat offenders would work better.

Clockwork Orange, IMO.

Nah, I'm not convinced that draconian measures are going to work. America has the worst murder rate in the western world so the deterrent value of the death penalty seems dubious, I think there are probably enough hoodlums in the army already. More appropriate sentencing for a serious crime like this (and there really is no excuse for ending someone's life over a work argument) would be best, in my opinion. 20 years inside, get out when you're 40 if you've been a good boy and think of all you could have been for the rest of your life.