Dananananaykrod + Support - Sun 24th May @ Moshulu

Here you go :up:

Stage times:

Cast of the Capital - 8.15pm

IRL - 9pm

Danana.. - 9.45pm

-

Lies :down:

They were the stage times as we were told pre gig - I never found out we were on at 8.45 until er... 8.30.

Mind you, if you'd come to watch the support bands you'd have seen the whole Dana gig :up:

Dont see what the gripe would be with last nights times!

Danananananananana still went on at 9.45pm - they did finish early though.

The supports went on a bit earlier so we could allow a bit longer for changeover of kits etc.

So it was...

8pm cotc

8.45pm irl

9.45pm dananana

9.45pm is quite late for a headliner considering curfew is 10.30pm so most people would normally be in for 9.45pm - which is when they went on.

We put 9.30pm on the times in the venue front door to try and encourage folk to come in early but they were always on at 9.45pm

no spanking for me im afraid!

i thought they were quality but again being hungover at a dananana gig = not fun.

in fact, they went on like three mins early!

i remember that they started at like 9.42pm because i was sorting out stuff in the office which is above the stage and suddenly everything fell off the desk and walls started shaking - and i couldnt believe it was that time already! what a racket (in a good way).

so if you came in at bang on 9.45pm to catch them youd have missed maybe a song if that!

and you missed two awesome supports actually.

both bands were on great form last night.

Dont see what the gripe would be with last nights times!

Danananananananana still went on at 9.45pm - they did finish early though.

The supports went on a bit earlier so we could allow a bit longer for changeover of kits etc.

So it was...

8pm cotc

8.45pm irl

9.45pm dananana

9.45pm is quite late for a headliner considering curfew is 10.30pm so most people would normally be in for 9.45pm - which is when they went on.

We put 9.30pm on the times in the venue front door to try and encourage folk to come in early but they were always on at 9.45pm

no spanking for me im afraid!

i thought they were quality but again being hungover at a dananana gig = not fun.

and here was me warming up my pimp hand ...:up:

-

From the sounds of it they didnt have too much fun at the gig.

Thought the gig as a whole was alright, cotc sounded really good,mix was almost perfect imo and was the first time Ive seen them.

Not sure what to make of IRL, really didnt get them at all, saying that the last tune was the highlight of their set.

Dana good fun, too short for 9 bucks

But turnout was pretty good considering it was a sunday.

I really enjoyed Cast of the Capitol, they owe an obvious debt to Death Cab for Cutie, but I'd definitely go see them again,

I wasn't sure about Indian Red Lopez, they reminded me of late 90's mega hyped band Ultrasound. I'm positive that I saw them about 5-6 years ago as well, have they been going that long?

Danana were top notch, despite the not so enthusiastic crowd. There was a big smile on my face during their set (too short!)

I walked away from that gig thinking that they could be the best live band I've ever seen, and I have seen the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Sonic Youth, Smashing Pumpkins and local legends Lunar live.

• Upvote 1

cotc were really good, will seek them out to see them again. a great vibe from them and still had enthusiasm for playing.

IRL weren't my cup of tea. With every song, it seemed it took half of the song to get into its stride and then sounded much better.

Dana were awesome, one of the best live acts I've seen. they tried their hardest to get the crowd going but they weren't having any of it. The band deserved better, the crowd just didn't seem that interested in them :S

One of the band sent a message on twitter "Aberdeen hate us"

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I'd say showing your appreciation by clapping, whooping, etc at the end of songs, and particularly at the very end should be enough. Some people prefer to just listen to the live music, and appreciate it rather than jump around like idiots. I used to be in the jumping around like an idiot category, but I'm too old for that malarkey now, so I tend to just stand and watch, and make a bit of a noise at the end of a song to show my appreciation!

I'd say they are coming across as a bunch of prima donnas given how much they tend to be bigged up on here.

I've been to several gigs in Moshulu with a fairly full on crowd - The Subways and CSS spring to mind - maybe they just don't have that certain something that gets a crowd going....

They put one comment up on their twitter. They're not spitting their dummys oot.

If they felt the crowd didn't compleatly appreciate the set, are they not entitled to their opinion?

Ive saw Danana.. play a gig on Friday before this one @ Moshulu. At that gig there was moshing, dance offs, crowd surfing....and generally around 200/250 folk going bananas.

They play Aberdeen 2 nights later to a crowd thats alot more reserved - they are inevitably going to feel like the crowd (or Aberdeen) don't appreciate them as much.

Anyways they still had a good time, this is getting blown out of proportion a bit. Sure it wasn't their best gig in the world ever but they still have fun.

-

They put one comment up on their twitter. They're not spitting their dummys oot.

If they felt the crowd didn't compleatly appreciate the set, are they not entitled to their opinion?

Ive saw Danana.. play a gig on Friday before this one @ Moshulu. At that gig there was moshing, dance offs, crowd surfing....and generally around 200/250 folk going bananas.

They play Aberdeen 2 nights later to a crowd thats alot more reserved - they are inevitably going to feel like the crowd (or Aberdeen) don't appreciate them as much.

Anyways they still had a good time, this is getting blown out of proportion a bit. Sure it wasn't their best gig in the world ever but they still have fun.

-

Sorry I'm confused - did they play 2 gigs within a few nights at Moshulu?

I'm not familiar with them at all but I know people who rave about them and they always seem to get good feedback on here, I just thought it seemed a bit odd to have a wee petulant lip on on Twitter because of ONE GIG.....and one comment is sometimes all it needs you know....

Thats a shame! Alot of bands Ive had up here have commented on how lacklustre Aberdeen crowds are and think people haven't enjoyed it. Even at sold out shows some bands have felt like those there dont care. It quite often really angers me that people just seem to stand there and watch, its a gig - move, make some noise, dance really badly etc!!!

Bet its the same people who moan when bands go to Dundee instead of here too, but unfortunately word spreads and we do have a reputation for not being the most appreciative audiences. Seems the only time we do make a noise is at acoustic gigs where it would be more appreciated if it was quiet!

Ah well!

Complete rubbish, no one has to dance or do anything at a gig, i go to watch a band not to dance.

I thought the crowd were extremely warm (albeit reserved), despite half the band rolling their eyes and looking like someone had guffed on their Cheerios for the duration of their set.

As for the people suggesting any audience should be expected to entertain the BAND for the princely sum of 9 pounds door tax: WRONG.

• Upvote 1