aberdeen-music

Dananananaykrod + Support - Sun 24th May @ Moshulu

Guest idol_wild

I'm glad a couple of locals have been trusted to play this and I'm also very glad it's those two bands. Personally I rate them highly and it's good they've been given the opportunity to play infront of people who wouldn't normally be in the situation or the specific gig these bands would otherwise tend to play.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
dammit why can't this be in tunnels :(

i've been listening to dananananaykroyd non stop for the past wee while, but due to a fallout with an overzealous moshulu bouncer, i can't go near the place or he's going to 'fucking kill me'.

no fair :(

Fake moustache, thick glasses. Sorted.

dammit why can't this be in tunnels :(

i've been listening to dananananaykroyd non stop for the past wee while, but due to a fallout with an overzealous moshulu bouncer, i can't go near the place or he's going to 'fucking kill me'.

no fair :(

They tell me that most weeks too.

Is the promise of actual, fatal, bodily harm justified?

You get his sister pregnant or summit?

-

They tell me that most weeks too.

Is the promise of actual, fatal, bodily harm justified?

You get his sister pregnant or summit?

-

nah he probably managed that himself..

supposably i threw a drink on him, despite it actually going completely the opposite direction from him.

i think it'l be worth braving it though for these guys..

nah he probably managed that himself..

supposably i threw a drink on him, despite it actually going completely the opposite direction from him.

i think it'l be worth braving it though for these guys..

Did you intentionally throw the drink though? Or did you spill it by accident....?

threw it to the ground on my way out cuz there was nowhere else to put it...

didn't really merit pinning me to the wall by my throat though =/

You did WHAT? Threw a drink on the ground?

You bastard. You're lucky he didn't rip your head off.........

it shouldn't be at the moshulu anyway. no idea why a place like that is still doing shows.

I personally think Moshulu is the best venue in Aberdeen.

Thats a ridiculos statement. Why should it not be a Moshulu?

A place "like that"...like what? Where should it be?

it's not that ridiculous really because the place is rotten. every time i've seen a band there it's just reminded me of that time i went to the circus when i was younger but it was so sunny outside nobody else turned out to watch. it's far too big for a lot of the shows that happen there - it's not band specific as it happens loads of times. bad stage, bad floor, bad crowd area, bad seating area...etc etc etc.

with a quality venue like the tunnels i don't understand why more shows don't happen there. Dana would be a million times better, regardless of the turnout. unless the promoter and venue have some weird deal then i don't see any reason why it isn't. even somewhere like captain toms would be better. that would fun. the moshulu just sucks the fun. the fun out of everything.

...but on a happier note - REALLY looking forward to seeing dana again!

it's not that ridiculous really because the place is rotten. every time i've seen a band there it's just reminded me of that time i went to the circus when i was younger but it was so sunny outside nobody else turned out to watch. it's far too big for a lot of the shows that happen there - it's not band specific as it happens loads of times. bad stage, bad floor, bad crowd area, bad seating area...etc etc etc.

with a quality venue like the tunnels i don't understand why more shows don't happen there. Dana would be a million times better, regardless of the turnout. unless the promoter and venue have some weird deal then i don't see any reason why it isn't. even somewhere like captain toms would be better. that would fun. the moshulu just sucks the fun. the fun out of everything.

Captain Tom's would be better? Well yeah, I'd love to see all my favourite bands in a place like Captain Tom's but I can't really see that being a viable way of putting on bands like Dana.... The 15 people you could get in aren't going to cover the band fee, and I doubt they'd be up for playing to 15 people when they could play to a few hundred.

I personally think Moshulu is a better venue than Tunnels, but some gigs would be better in the Tunnels - 200 folk in Tunnels versus 200 folk in Moshulu - as a band member, I'd rather play to 200 in the Tunnels. But having played in front of pretty full Moshulu once, I'd much rather play that than a full Tunnels.

It's all opinions really, and it's Scott's gig so he can put it on anywhere he wants :popcorn:

It is big, a bit barn like and can be difficult to fill.

But if there's enough ppl in it's, in my opinion, a damn good venue.

Never had less than 250 ppl at one of my gigs in there. Which is more than enough people to get the place going.

I personally think its got a great stage and you can stand pretty much anywhere and get a decent view. Also, thanks to Nick and Jimi (Taylored Sound), it always sounds great.

Each to their own I guess.

Agree to disagree as dont want to get into a long winded debate on Tunnles vs Moshulu.

They both have there good and bad points.

The gig is at Moshulu and Danana... will tear the roof off.

-