aberdeen-music

marshall dsl 401 combo for sale

triggs

yeah the mod makes a huge difference. he changes around 50 components and swaps the trebble pot for a push pull pot which when pulled out gives it a midrange boost and the gain structure is totally different until now i havent had the chance to use it how i want but i just got a new attenuator and run the volume at around 2 oclock on what used to be the clean channel and it overdrives superbly nothing like a regular hot rod deluxe which i thought was a pretty weak amp before and the od channel is a very smooth gain not quite sure how to describe it but if your in the area give me a shout and you can give ot a whirl

all in all 200 and that includes a a full revalve

The key to getting a sound out of a DSL 201 or 401 is to put in a good driver. Pop in a VIntage 30 or a Greenback Reissue (depending on taste) and you have a completely different amp. I reckon it was designed with a Greenback and then the accountants got hold of things...

You could be right there. My 4x12 cab has GB's and it rocks. Though I fancy changing 2 out for V30's but I've not looked in to the ohm issue yet.