Friday 17th April

THE 1990s

plus support

8.00 ADVANCE

14 plus

7.30pm doors

Moshulu

THE 1990s.

They were signed to Rough Trade Record Company (home of many notable acts such as The Strokes and The Long Blondes) when they were spotted at only their sixth gig, (a first for Rough Trade) and have released two albums so far, Cookies and Kicks. Lead singer Jackie (nee John) McKeown and bassist, Jamie McMorrow, were the founding members of Scottish Indie band The Yummy Fur. The line-up over the years that The Yummy Fur existed changed on numerous occasions. At one point, both Franz Ferdinand singer Alex Kapranos and drummer Paul Thomson were members of the group. 1990s drummer, Michael McGaughrin was also in Glasgow band, V-Twin before 1990s were formed.

According to the band, they play music "like a blonde gets out of a car".

The band completed their second album Kicks, which was produced by Bernard Butler and released on March 23, 2009. Tracks on it include 'The Box', 'Vondelpark', 'Everybody Please Relax', 'I Don't Even Know What That Is', and 'Kickstrasse'.

1990s

1990s on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUPPORT FROM:

COPY HA HO

COPY HAHO *NEW EP OUT NOW!* on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Tickets available from : One Up / Ticketweb / See Tickets / The Bassment / Moshulu.info

I wandered down about the back of eight and went to hand over my 8 pounds to the girl at reception. I was taken slightly a back by here telling me that it was actually 10 pounds to get in....! Now I don't know how these things work and I was just wondering why the door tickets were two pounds more than what the actually ticket and the moshulu website itself said?? Never mind I thought, it's cool, Copy Haho are awesome! So I walked in and got myself a shandy, (I was driving), and sat down to sip on my cold beverage. I had my camera on me and as there was nothing much happening, I decided to take it out and have a looky. I was browsing through my photos when about three bouncers came over to me and starting asking me if I had a camera pass for the gig. I said I was Im sorry and that I didn't realise you needed such a thing to which they confiscated my camera and told me I could get it back at the end of the night. I didn't mean no malice or anything, I just had a new camera that I wanted to use. They said it was because it was an SLR and that i could take, "high quality photos". This is maybe fair enough but my intentions were innocent enough and it just put me in a bit of a bad mood tbh. Anyways, I will know next time. To make things worse, I spilled my shandy everywhere when I turned round to pick it up! Just as well Copy Haho were delightful and the 1990s were pretty grand too.

it was actually 10 pounds to get in....! Now I don't know how these things work and I was just wondering why the door tickets were two pounds more than what the actually ticket and the moshulu website itself said?

I think you should chain yourself to the door of Moshulu until that 2 is refunded.

Maybe its a new style student tax, you know, the goverment taking something back? Or something.

:popcorn: