aberdeen-music

Fear Factory return!

Hog

I'm well chuffed!

Dino Cazeres

Burton C Bell

Byron Stroud (Fear Factory, Zimmers Hole, Strapping Young Lad)

Gene Hoglan (Strapping Young Lad)

Holy shit, what a line-up!

Original Fear Factory Members Reunite | News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

Hardly a proper line-up, no Christian Olde Wolbers or Raymond Herrera.

I like Soul Of A New Machine and Demanufacture/Remanufacture but nothing after that really grabbed me and they were shite when i saw them in 2004.

Hardly a proper line-up, no Christian Olde Wolbers or Raymond Herrera.

I like Soul Of A New Machine and Demanufacture/Remanufacture but nothing after that really grabbed me and they were shite when i saw them in 2004.

I don't think that Christian Olde Wolbers provided much to Fear Factory IMHO. The decent stuff was when Dino was the guitarist. Also FF made an awesome album without Christian.

Byron Stroud. He has actually been in Fear Factory for years as well as SYL.

As for Raymond... yeah he is fast but he doesn't seem to know what a tom drum is (very one dimensional). Gene Hoglan eats him for breakfast.

I don't think that Christian Olde Wolbers provided much to Fear Factory IMHO. The decent stuff was when Dino was the guitarist.

As for Raymond... yeah he is fast but he doesn't seem to know what a tom drum is. Gene Hoglan eats him for breakfast.

Yeah but Chris was a solid bassist before he moved to guitar.

Fucking love Fear Factory, like, but where the hell are Christian and Raymond? Stoud and especially Hoglan are amazing, yeah, but I'd rather have the Demanufacture line-up.

It's pretty interesting that the article refers to this as a "new project" rather than a Fear Factory reunion. If it's a Fear Factory reunion without Chris and Ray then I'm really not that interested, but a totally new project could be utterly brilliant.

This is not the Demanufacture line up - therefore sub-par.

Well said. That album is the be all and end all of FF in my opinion.

I think Raymond's lack of fancy filling makes the FF sound what it is - it adds to that sterile mechanical vibe.

And also the reason there were no Tom's on Demanufacture was because Colin Richardson (producer) lost them during the recording process! Effectively a huge error helped give that album a lot of it's character.