aberdeen-music

Indian Red Lopez + Support - Mambo's, Peterhead

I.R.L & Shmeet the Beat! are pleased to announce a gig upstairs in Mambo's, Peterhead on Friday April 17th.

Lineup as follows:

Indian Red Lopez

Velvet Audio

Lynne Taylor

3 on the door, 9pm.

This is a pilot run of a club night we are planning to start in Mambo's and not related to the usual Saturday afternoons band set up Mambo's usually has. If successful we will be looking to do a monthly/quarterly band showcase bringing decent bands to what could be a cracking venue (Upstairs in Mambo's screams venue everytime I see it!) if run properly.

Fill yer beats!

Yeah man good stuff, come down and check the gig out next weekend and see what you think. Like I say, theres heaps of potential in the place and a huge catchment area around Peterhead - when you consider the amount of bands kicking around its crazy that there aint a venue for them to play their own stuff unless they trek to Aberdeen. The trek to Aberdeen is no hardship for the band if they really wan to start gigging, but its tough for them to draw a crowd!

Yeah i probably will come along like. Our band dropped in to Drummonds a few weeks back to watch the fat hippy showcase. I thought all the bands were good and it was great to see it so busy.

Peterhead/Fraserburgh has a huge catchment area and a band night at the end of each month would be a success im sure.

A wee note on how this went:

Doors clicked through 220 punters, all 3 acts were well received by an appreciative crowd. The bouncer commented to me that he didnt 'fancy our chances' as friday nights in Mambos are hit and miss and its usually free, charging 3 would make it harder. By the end of the evening he was running the door himself and seemed fair impressed with the number of folk who turned up to see something a bit different for a change - no argy bargy either crowd wise.

All in all, a resounding success! We'll be speakin to Mambo's in the next few days about running this regularly, no promises yet but hopefully we can get something up and running so anyone who's interested should get in touch either via here or IRL myspace.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
A wee note on how this went:

Doors clicked through 220 punters, all 3 acts were well received by an appreciative crowd. The bouncer commented to me that he didnt 'fancy our chances' as friday nights in Mambos are hit and miss and its usually free, charging 3 would make it harder. By the end of the evening he was running the door himself and seemed fair impressed with the number of folk who turned up to see something a bit different for a change - no argy bargy either crowd wise.

All in all, a resounding success! We'll be speakin to Mambo's in the next few days about running this regularly, no promises yet but hopefully we can get something up and running so anyone who's interested should get in touch either via here or IRL myspace.

Nice een Dave.

I think places round about could be doing with seeing more live music. Our gig in New Deer went superbly well in comparison to The Tunnels last week.

The fact of the matter is there's bollocks all to do in New Deer of a weekend, so sticking on some live music pulled the punters in. I'd imagine it was much the same with you guys in Peterhead. Add to the fact that you guys are actually very good will have helped too ;)

QUOTE=Exposure @ Lemon Tree;740361]Nice een Dave.

I think places round about could be doing with seeing more live music. Our gig in New Deer went superbly well in comparison to The Tunnels last week.

The fact of the matter is there's bollocks all to do in New Deer of a weekend, so sticking on some live music pulled the punters in. I'd imagine it was much the same with you guys in Peterhead. Add to the fact that you guys are actually very good will have helped too ;)

QUOTE=Exposure @ Lemon Tree;740361]Nice een Dave.

Aw shucks, you've got me all embarrassed.

we actually had a fair few folk who 'just heard about it and turned up' - not sure if it was us in particular or the appeal of live music, but I was surprised by the amount of folk I didnt know. More surprised at the the number of no-shows who normally come to our gigs, but ocudlnt make it for one reason or t'other.

Shmeet the beat @ mambos, peterhead | MySpace.com[