aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Bigsby

DAT to CD?

I have some old recordings on DAT that I would like to get tranferred to CD.

Anyone able to do this?

They were produced by The Kitchen Cynics in the early 90s and are appropriately "lo-fi". ;)

the only way i can think of doing it, is rigging a DAT player to a PC and recording the stuff in real time using a program such as Adobe Audition then burning it to CD.

the only way i can think of doing it, is rigging a DAT player to a PC and recording the stuff in real time using a program such as Adobe Audition then burning it to CD.

That would be fine.

Except I don't have a DAT player. And my PC doesn't have a digital input.

i think you really need to have a DAT player, might be worth contacting a recording studio or a radio station - they usually have a DAT player lying around and seeing if you could use their player. or there must be companies who can do this for a small fee!

Too bad. Will give Tom's a shout, unless someone else is harbouring a DAT player somewhere.

i believe i may well have one secluded somewhere, been a while since i saw it though...

i'll get back to you soon one way or other.

i believe i may well have one secluded somewhere, been a while since i saw it though...

i'll get back to you soon one way or other.

Nice one, see if you can dig that bad boy out and I can hook it up to my HI-MD. :up:

Well I wouldn't require any mastering, I would want the tracks exactly as they were mastered by Alan in 1992. ;)

I've had a few offers but may get back to you, cheers for replying. :)