aberdeen-music

Bass in yo face!

framheim

Winter in Siberia require the services of a bassist.

technical skill not a priority but we'd appreciate it if you weren't an arsehole. or mental. or wacky.

we are currently playing fairly bleak sparse alt-country music with post rocky bits and a small amount of rockin. influenced by songs:ohia/magnolia electric company, bonny prince billy, johnny cash, bruce springsteen, neil young, godspeed you black emperor, silver mt zion, dirty three, mogwai, muse, grails, pelican, isis, constantines, low, do make say think, scout niblett and loads of other stuff too

we have a one very rough song on our myspace at Winter in Siberia on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

there is no plan for global domination or anything. this is purely a hobby done for fun with the ultimate aim being a few gigs every now and again and some nice recordings. we have one gig lined up for the end of june and tend to practice on sunday afternoons. there is often cake. we quite like cake.

pm or email daveofficer@yahoo.co.uk if you're interested.

i went to a Dos Dedos rehersal once (his old band). all they did was sit and drink coffee for two hours,...

At one point we were doing that for 4 hours, though there may have been penny football as well. And spring rolls. They were regular features in our practices.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

This makes our pissing about where we all swap instruments (despite our guitarist being unable to play drums, me being unable to play guitar and our drummer being unable to play bass) seem productive... :)

This makes our pissing about where we all swap instruments (despite our guitarist being unable to play drums, me being unable to play guitar and our drummer being unable to play bass) seem productive... :)

I have wasted many past practices doing this. 3 hours at Tom's sometimes feels a bit too long, so an obligatory trip to the bakery/Spar helps the time pass if, y'know, playing music gets boring...

I have begun collaring five minutes per practice where I seize an electric guitar, switch to a heavily distorted channel and batter out some Metallica riffs and OTT, improvised (if thoroughly unremarkable) solos. It's theraputic, and having played guitar for 11 years, I sometimes find bass a little restrictive!

I have begun collaring five minutes per practice where I seize an electric guitar, switch to a heavily distorted channel and batter out some Metallica riffs and OTT, improvised (if thoroughly unremarkable) solos. It's theraputic, and having played guitar for 11 years, I sometimes find bass a little restrictive!

See, now im the opposite (sp?). I prefer playing bass, lets me try to be more creative.