aberdeen-music

The Black Tooth Rock Lounge @ Snafu - Every Monday night

The Ghost Of Fudge

As you're possibly aware, Fudge and Snafu run a 'rock' club every Monday night called the Black Tooth Rock Lounge: a dive bar in spirit, but not in appearance.

We are the finest purveyors of cocktails, drunk DJ's, live bands, burlesque and cabaret that you are likely to find this side of Hadrians Wall.

MySpace.com - Black Tooth Rock Lounge - 89 - Female - Snafu, UK - www.myspace.com/blacktoothrock

The music policy is mixed, though rooted in the genre 'ROCK'. But we'll play everything from Rage Against The Machine to The Monkees, System Of A Down to Kings Of Leon, Pendulum to Aretha Franklin, Britney to Justice, Clutch to Bon Jovi...

Our drink deals include:

Pint of Fosters 1.70

Vodka and Mixer 1

Jagermeister 1.50

Jagerbomb! 2.50

Rocktails from 3.95...

Entry for the normal clubnight is free - on nights we have bands playing, entry is usually 3/2, but free passes can always be obtained from the bands playing and our like-minded sponsors, The Moorings Bar on Trinity Quay and Retro Rebels on George Street. Nice one!

Doors usually open at 11pm (9pm on live music or burlesque nights).

At 2am, you have outstayed your welcome...until next Monday :love:

If you fancy sinking a few in Five before heading downstairs to extend your weekend, you're talking a bottle of house wine for 6.95, vodka and mixer 1, a 5 Corona Bucket Deal at 9.50 and two cocktails for 6.95 from 9pm...

MySpace.com - Black Tooth Rock Lounge - 89 - Female - Snafu, UK - www.myspace.com/blacktoothrock

Hope to see you there!

NEXT GIG NIGHT:

Fudge and Snafu proudly present:

THE BLACK TOOTH ROCK LOUNGE,

MONDAY 4th MAY 2009, 9pm-2am

MAYBESHEWILL

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

Maybeshewill on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR (ALBUM OUT 13/04/09)) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I can't even BEGIN to explain how blindingly good this gig is set to be!

Maybeshewill and And So I Watch You From Afar are about to embark on another UK tour together. It looks set to be epic, much like both their musical outputs.

Leicestershire's 'Maybeshewill' mash up crunching riffs, samples, pianos, weird noises, pop, hardcore, alt-metal and post-rock to produce a full-fat, dynamic and vital instumental vision. They sound awsome.

'And So I Watch You From Afar' hail from Belfast, and are signed to Smalltown America. They're coming from a similar musical area, but chuck occasional gang vocals and 80's stadium rock moments into the musical gumbo. Top quality reverb-ladden guitar soundscapes with big balls.

MAYBESHEWILL

Maybeshewill is the product of three boys, one girl, their frustrations with a broken laptop and their over-active imaginations. Maybeshewill is James Collins (drums), John Helps (guitar), Robin Southby (guitar) and Victoria Sztuka (bass).

Maybeshewill don't really like the way the music 'industry' works (infact it enrages them) and thus they try to do as much as they can in a 'DIY' Fashion. They record, mix and master their records themselves, book their own shows and run their own label which releases music by bands that they think deserve more attention.

In the past three years Maybeshewill has...

Released an EP, album, single, split 7" and split 12" in the UK, Europe and Japan, toured the UK with Fight Fire With Water, Worriedaboutsatan and And So I Watch You From Afar (though not at the same time), toured Japan with Ovum, been Huw Stephens' album of the week, played with the likes of Foals, Johnny Truant and Amusement Parks On Fire (as well as several hundred others), started their own record label, played the Dot To Dot, Hockley Hustle, Summer Sundae and Brainwash Festivals and been very bored in vans and on aeroplanes for a large proportion of their lives.

KKKK - KERRANG!

8/10 - ROCKSOUND

8/10 - DROWNED IN SOUND

5/5 - ROCK MIDGETS

ALBUM OF THE WEEK - HUW STEPHENS SHOWS - BBC RADIO 1

Irish post-rockers And So I Watch You From Afar are Rory Bone Crusher (guitar one), Tony Face Eater (guitar two), Johnny Gut Slurpper (bass) and Chris Blood Gargler (Drums). They're also bloody good.

But don't take my word for it - here's what other people have said:

10/10 - BBC RADIO 1

KKKK - KERRANG!

9/10 - ROCKSOUND

9/10 - DROWNED IN SOUND

8/10 - VICE MAG

7/10 - METAL HAMMER MAG

"..really rather special....it is rare for a body of work to be so dreamy and elegiac yet conversely monstrously heavy....sounds like the end of the world!!" - KERRANG!

"Imagine Mogwai were from Belfast and had massive balls" - VICE MAG

"The sound of someone crashing an oil tanker through Sigur Ros' ice float" - NME

"And So I Watch You From Afar effortlessly deliver, bringing a brain-annihilating barrage of rhythms and rottweiler, whats just been kicked in the knackers, fury" - DROWNED IN SOUND

"And So I Watch You From Afar..march over introspective horizons....(they) can do nothing wrong " - KERRANG MAGAZINE.

"Plucked from the very heavens!....Colossal!" - LOSINGTODAY.COM

"Our new favourite band, keep a hold of them" - YOURCODENAMEIS:MILO

NEXT GIG NIGHT:

Fudge and Snafu proudly present:

THE BLACK TOOTH ROCK LOUNGE,

MONDAY 4th MAY 2009, 9pm-2am

MAYBESHEWILL

Maybeshewill on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR (ALBUM OUT 13/04/09)) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I can't even BEGIN to explain how blindingly good this gig is set to be!

Maybeshewill and And So I Watch You From Afar are about to embark on another UK tour together. It looks set to be epic, much like both their musical outputs.

Leicestershire's 'Maybeshewill' mash up crunching riffs, samples, pianos, weird noises, pop, hardcore, alt-metal and post-rock to produce a full-fat, dynamic and vital instumental vision. They sound awsome.

'And So I Watch You From Afar' hail from Belfast, and are signed to Smalltown America. They're coming from a similar musical area, but chuck occasional gang vocals and 80's stadium rock moments into the musical gumbo. Top quality reverb-ladden guitar soundscapes with big balls.

MAYBESHEWILL

Maybeshewill is the product of three boys, one girl, their frustrations with a broken laptop and their over-active imaginations. Maybeshewill is James Collins (drums), John Helps (guitar), Robin Southby (guitar) and Victoria Sztuka (bass).

Maybeshewill don't really like the way the music 'industry' works (infact it enrages them) and thus they try to do as much as they can in a 'DIY' Fashion. They record, mix and master their records themselves, book their own shows and run their own label which releases music by bands that they think deserve more attention.

In the past three years Maybeshewill has...

Released an EP, album, single, split 7" and split 12" in the UK, Europe and Japan, toured the UK with Fight Fire With Water, Worriedaboutsatan and And So I Watch You From Afar (though not at the same time), toured Japan with Ovum, been Huw Stephens' album of the week, played with the likes of Foals, Johnny Truant and Amusement Parks On Fire (as well as several hundred others), started their own record label, played the Dot To Dot, Hockley Hustle, Summer Sundae and Brainwash Festivals and been very bored in vans and on aeroplanes for a large proportion of their lives.

KKKK - KERRANG!

8/10 - ROCKSOUND

8/10 - DROWNED IN SOUND

5/5 - ROCK MIDGETS

Irish post-rockers And So I Watch You From Afar are Rory Bone Crusher (guitar one), Tony Face Eater (guitar two), Johnny Gut Slurpper (bass) and Chris Blood Gargler (Drums). They're also bloody good.

But don't take my word for it - here's what other people have said:

10/10 - BBC RADIO 1

KKKK - KERRANG!

9/10 - ROCKSOUND

9/10 - DROWNED IN SOUND

8/10 - VICE MAG

7/10 - METAL HAMMER MAG

"..really rather special....it is rare for a body of work to be so dreamy and elegiac yet conversely monstrously heavy....sounds like the end of the world!!" - KERRANG!

"Imagine Mogwai were from Belfast and had massive balls" - VICE MAG

"The sound of someone crashing an oil tanker through Sigur Ros' ice float" - NME

"And So I Watch You From Afar effortlessly deliver, bringing a brain-annihilating barrage of rhythms and rottweiler, whats just been kicked in the knackers, fury" - DROWNED IN SOUND

"And So I Watch You From Afar..march over introspective horizons....(they) can do nothing wrong " - KERRANG MAGAZINE.

"Plucked from the very heavens!....Colossal!" - LOSINGTODAY.COM

"Our new favourite band, keep a hold of them" - YOURCODENAMEIS:MILO

support for this gig confirmed as Y CHANGE COSTUME

Y change costume on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

free entry passes available from the bands, Snafu, Retro Rebels and The Moorings.

• 2 weeks later...

NEXT GIG NIGHT:

Fudge, Snafu and the BLACK TOOTH ROCK LOUNGE proudly present:

ZOMBINA AND THE SKELETONES

Monday 18th May 2009 @ Snafu

Zombina And The Skeletones on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

www.zombina.com

Zombina and the Skeletones have been wrenching 100% pure rock n' roll genius from the very pits of their tortured, vampiric souls since 1998. As a live band they're the bloodiest and most funnest cult experience you can have short of sacrificing yourself to some goat headed deity in the woods on St. Swithens Night.

Their newest, and MOST ROCKIN'EST CD has just hit the stores! It's called "Out Of The Crypt And Into Your Heart" and it's a bone-afied monsterpeice! 'Dracula Blood'! 'Puke It Up'! 'Raised In Hell'! They're classics already, but that's just scratchin' the surface.

Folks are gonna freak and try to get it banned just for ROCKIN' too much... but we're not gonna let the squares have their way are we, kids!?

zombinaats.jpg

NEXT GIG NIGHT:

2btflyer.jpg

Fudge and Snafu present:

The Tyrant Lizard Kings plus Bloodnut and the Brothel Corpse Trio

Monday 1st June 2009 at Snafu's Black Tooth Rock Lounge

The Tyrant Lizard Kings on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

BloodNut on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The Brothel Corpse Trio on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

If you like your music a little bit radge, a little bit wild eyed, a little bit drunk and hollering... The Tyrants are the band for you. Bad ass southern boogie metal meets stoner rock, they've played with Clutch and the like, they're covered in ink and they fuck like caged weasels. I heard. They headlined the Fudge Awards back in March, and they're now touring their newly-released second album 'Six Shooter'. Come down and get your goove on.

Support from local boys Bloodnut and the Brothel Corpse Trio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...