aberdeen-music

Singer/Drummer/Keys/Guitars Wanted

Soundefex

Experienced guitarist and bass player looking for guitarists, drummer, singer, keyboard player, for guitar band.

Recently split band members wanting to get straight back into it.

Open to all styles and wanting to gig ASAP.

Looking for committed rehearsal 3 hours per week in evenings or weekends.

Influences include:

Pixies, sonic youth, guns n roses, and many many more

Cheers for looking get in touch for more info.

• 3 weeks later...

bass player needed

Experienced guitarist and bass player looking for guitarists, drummer, singer, keyboard player, for guitar band.

Recently split band members wanting to get straight back into it.

Open to all styles and wanting to gig ASAP.

Looking for committed rehearsal 3 hours per week in evenings or weekends.

Influences include:

Pixies, sonic youth, guns n roses, and many many more

Cheers for looking get in touch for more info.

Looking for bass player as soon as we gig plenty and need bass player as soon as. Bass player just moans to much. alvisrocks@hotmail.co.uk

Just to update our last ad...

Experienced guitarist and bass player looking for drummer and singer for guitar band. Anyone with keyboard skills would also be a welcome addition to the line up as this is a direction we would like to explore.

Our last band recently split up due to that old chestnut "musical differences" and the both of us want to get straight back into it and start fresh with a new line up.

We are open to most styles of music and are keen to continue developing original material rather than play covers.

We are looking for people who can commit to a rehearsal of about 3 hours per week in evenings or weekends. The plan would be to work up 30 mins or so of original stuff and then start playing gigs once a month or so while we continued to develop more songs. We have a pretty good home recording set up and can provide examples of previous stuff we've recorded if anyone requests it. The idea is to have a bit of fun making the music we want to hear and get out there on stage now and again to let people hear it - we've got no real interest in "making it" and being famous etc so if that's your bag perhaps we are not for you.

Influences would include most interesting guitar bands from the last 40 years or so but also various Electronica, Hip Hop and a bit of metal so we are open to anything someone else can bring to the table.

Cheers for looking - please PM myself or Soundefex for more info.

Just to update our last ad...

Experienced guitarist and bass player looking for drummer and singer for guitar band. Anyone with keyboard skills would also be a welcome addition to the line up as this is a direction we would like to explore.

Our last band recently split up due to that old chestnut "musical differences" and the both of us want to get straight back into it and start fresh with a new line up.

We are open to most styles of music and are keen to continue developing original material rather than play covers.

We are looking for people who can commit to a rehearsal of about 3 hours per week in evenings or weekends. The plan would be to work up 30 mins or so of original stuff and then start playing gigs once a month or so while we continued to develop more songs. We have a pretty good home recording set up and can provide examples of previous stuff we've recorded if anyone requests it. The idea is to have a bit of fun making the music we want to hear and get out there on stage now and again to let people hear it - we've got no real interest in "making it" and being famous etc so if that's your bag perhaps we are not for you.

Influences would include most interesting guitar bands from the last 40 years or so but also various Electronica, Hip Hop and a bit of metal so we are open to anything someone else can bring to the table.

Cheers for looking - please PM myself or Soundefex for more info.

>Bump!< Still looking for all of the above...

Hey man yeah this could look like something Im very interested in I will warn you though I have a baritone voice. Long as you dont mind that I think it would be great to work with you. I have experience writing my own material etc. Id be bringing more of a grungy rock influence to the mix ie nirvana, seether, stone sour ect. Would you send me some of your stuff so I can have alisten get back to me?

hey there, im writing this on the site and i think i emailed someone the same thing, gah i was confused lol. My name is Kate and im an experienced vocalist in aberdeen. My band, Echo Tunnels, did well to begin with (we played a few gigs with good reviews) but due to time committments, my other band members just lost interest. The band officially broke up yesterday and im looking to get straight back into writing original material and gigging. the myspace for my old band is Echo Tunnels on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

pleeeease note is was recorded on a phone as we were gathering money for a recording so its not great. i also had a female backing singer and thats whos singing with me :) my influences are the pixies, the yeah yeah yeahs, anything abit different and im liking it heh

thanks for reading and let me know if youre interested, my email is i_run_with_scissors13@hotmail.com

kate

• 4 weeks later...

looking for band

hey man,

read your ad really admire ur dedication. If you are still looking for a singer give me a buzz.

I have a good range eg the doors radiohead verve etc. I have a lot of gigging expereince and was in a well known band a year ago.

cheers !

Hola folks!

Got a great group of people together and have 5 original tunes on the way.............but..........we need some more people!

Looking for a synth player and bass player.

If possible someone that is willing to swap about with me between the bass, synth and guitar...............big ask I know but we are going for a Yeah Yeah Yeahs kinda vibe, modern electro punk/pop stuff.

Obviously if you specialize in either the bass or synth that would be coolio!

Drop me a line for a chat etc.

Got regular rehearsals scheduled and all very keen on the sound we are getting. Think there wont be that many bands in Aberdeen doing this kinda thing.

Cheers again.

S

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a guitar player looking for a band, I noticed you listed "Guns N Roses" as an influence in your original post, they're my favourite band so could be interested in playing guitar for you.

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/musicians/56401-guitarist-21-looking-rock-band.html

Give me a shout if you're interested. If you already have someone else then its no bother.