aberdeen-music

Every Time I Die @ The Tunnels

Its fine dude, i dont think that anyones having a go at the bands that are on it so much as the weapon thing,

from my understanding i thought it was more than the christmas show, i thought it was quite a few shows, but i cant authenticate that statement.

im sure we will find out in the next few weeks they pulled out of hundreds of gigs and slept with one of their wives...

meh, im just happy with the chance to play with one of my favourite bands,

yeah exactly, enjoy the gig im sure you guys will have a blast, leave us to moan on here!! haha

from my understanding i thought it was more than the christmas show, i thought it was quite a few shows, but i cant authenticate that statement.

Of course you can't authenticate it because it's utter drivel.

We turn down shows if we're not able to make them, which is far better than saying we're going to play a show and then cancel it. I'm sure we have turned down gigs all over the place, from the tunnels, to fudge gigs, to drummonds, to full on tours with other bands. It's absolutely nothing to do with the tunnels or anyone else personally - but we can't make every show they've ever offered us. On the flipside...

We have played heaps of gigs in the tunnels since it opened 5 or so years ago - often to hundreds of people. At each of those gigs we've let all other bands use our backline and been nothing but professional etc etc etc. However,

The simple facts are:

We asked for the show first.

We got told provisionally that we could have it.

We said we'd play for free.

We also offered to promote the living fuck out of it as Ben's last show with the band.

I'm not going to outline why from a business point of view alone "it makes sense" to have us play on the bill because that would be insulting a lot of people's intelligence.

I don't have a problem with Glass wolves or ASD for getting on this bill - I'm just disappointed that we didn't get this for the reasons I have outlined above.

ASD and Glass Wolves asked to play. They were given the supports. I don't really see what the problem is.

Ewan, when will you learn.

I'll put it simply in a metaphorical story for you, because I know you often fail to think before typing away on a keyboard:

It's your birthday. A special birthday infact, your 21st.

You ask for a new drumkit. Your parents say yes, and offer you just the one you've always wanted but never thought you'd ever get.

Your parents buy it, and you see it all wrapped up in the garage. You've even seen the reciept. You're very, very excited.

You've been a good boy all your life - worked hard at school, practised your drums whenever you can and can play to high standard, you've always helped out your parents at home and *generally* set a good example for everyone around you.

You're very pleased that said hard work and effort will amount to a nice birthday present that will last you forever....

But wait! Just before your birthday, your parents inform you that you are NOT in fact going to get your drumkit, and instead they are giving it to your disabled younger brother because he has now asked for it.

You ask why this is to be the case, and the only reason you're given is that you didn't help wash the dishes this one time when you were 8 years old (but that night you were at your best friend's sleepover party, so couldn't have helped out anyway).

Why would your parents do this!?

Even if you didn't actually deserve the kit, they're still now going to have to put up with your brother's hideous racket rather than your tasteful playing. Even worse, your brother is just going to batter the kit before trying to eat it's various parts, so it's value plumits within hours.

FAIL.

• Upvote 2

Ewan, when will you learn.

I'll put it simply in a metaphorical story for you, because I know you often fail to think before typing away on a keyboard:

It's your birthday. A special birthday infact, your 21st.

You ask for a new drumkit. Your parents say yes, and offer you just the one you've always wanted but never thought you'd ever get.

Your parents buy it, and you see it all wrapped up in the garage. You've even seen the reciept. You're very, very excited.

You've been a good boy all your life - worked hard at school, practised your drums whenever you can and can play to high standard, you've always helped out your parents at home and *generally* set a good example for everyone around you.

You're very pleased that said hard work and effort will amount to a nice birthday present that will last you forever....

But wait! Just before your birthday, your parents inform you that you are NOT in fact going to get your drumkit, and instead they are giving it to your disabled younger brother because he has now asked for it.

You ask why this is to be the case, and the only reason you're given is that you didn't help wash the dishes this one time when you were 8 years old (but that night you were at your best friend's sleepover party, so couldn't have helped out anyway).

Why would your parents do this!?

Even if you didn't actually deserve the kit, they're still now going to have to put up with your brother's hideous racket rather than your tasteful playing. Even worse, your brother is just going to batter the kit before trying to eat it's various parts, so it's value plumits within hours.

FAIL.

So what yr saying is Glass Wolves and ASD are spasssstic and talentless?

(lol)

Yeah, that really didn't read well for the other bands involved.

i wasn't trying to stir the shit or nuthin'. just being a pedant. one of those moments that usually end like this: :up:, that the pun brigade usually come out with. i think every single human being in the world knew what Dan meant.

So what yr saying is Glass Wolves and ASD are spasssstic and talentless?

(lol)

haha - No, not at all.

I used the disabled child reference so it made sense at the end; when I was comparing the parents' unnecessary suffering brought on by themselves to the tunnels potential financial loss.

I considered using a younger and physically abled brother who just so happened to not know how to play the drums... but figured a dribbling retard licking and smashing up a kit all day long would be far more entertaining to visualise.

haha - No, not at all.

I used the disabled child reference so it made sense at the end; when I was comparing the parents' unnecessary suffering brought on by themselves to the tunnels potential financial loss.

I considered using a younger and physically abled brother who just so happened to not know how to play the drums... but figured a dribbling retard licking and smashing up a kit all day long would be far more entertaining to visualise.

To be fair this show will sell out regardless I wouldve thought so no financial loss or gain on the supports. I like Weapon in terms of this type of music but fair dos to the newer bands whove go the support. Not sure at all about the decision in terms of grudges etc but Weapon have played Drummonds since Xmas which is Tunnels owned and no one complained then? Everyone cant be on the bill so good luck to ASD and Glass Wolves. Know ASD especially have a bi following

To be fair this show will sell out regardless I wouldve thought so no financial loss or gain on the supports. I like Weapon in terms of this type of music but fair dos to the newer bands whove go the support. Not sure at all about the decision in terms of grudges etc but Weapon have played Drummonds since Xmas which is Tunnels owned and no one complained then?

I did say 'potential' financial loss to cover my tracks.... ;)

Good point about Drummonds though Ross - I think we've played there a few times since it's been Tunnels owned. In fact the ONLY gigs we have played in Aberdeen in the last six months have been at Drummonds!

Ah well.

I did say 'potential' financial loss to cover my tracks.... ;)

Good point about Drummonds though Ross - I think we've played there a few times since it's been Tunnels owned. In fact the ONLY gigs we have played in Aberdeen in the last six months have been at Drummonds!

Ah well.

however, those were all booked by outside promoters

Guest treader.
Story Time

I understand your frustration with The Tunnels about this, but what I meant by what I said was people are moaning that Weapon didn't get the support but ASD and Glass Wolves did.

The fact of the matter is it's done now, so people might as well get on with it.

I agree that it's petty of the Tunnels to hold that sort of grudge with any band though.