aberdeen-music

Wrestlemania 25

Dayeth

I knew the WWE had significantly went downhill as soon as I was told about the existence of this guy:

dn5jjlqa.jpg

........who was absolulely fuckin awesome in developmental as The Freakin' Deacon and latterly the "fake Kane" for a few weeks. Really good big wrestler who can go but, alas, told to act as a retard by the powers that be. His tag partner is the son of a fabulous Freebird as well - turning him into a backwards hick is just as ridiculous.

Another amaing example of WWE burying great talent. Also see the brilliant Colt Cabana being repackaged as "Scotty Goldman", Paul Burchill losing his ace "Ripper" gimmick, CM Punk being the worst Champ of all time and William Regal not being used again.

I miss 2 Cool, Dink and Doink, the Mean Street Posse, Kaientai, The Headbangers, Right To Censor, Lethal Weapon Steve Blackman and Perry Saturn w/ Moppy and Al Snow with Head.

Royal Rumble 2000 was the best thing ever when I was a kid.

No one missed The Headbangers. Not even Thrasher and Mosh miss The Headbangers.

Demolition were my favourite tagteam. Smash was shit as Repo Man though.

No way, I didn't know they were one and the same.That totally ruins it for when I used to play with my wrestling figures when I was little and made storylines had Repo Man as my world champion at the same Demolition were my tag champions. I miss proper tag-teams. I liked Repo Man's entrance where he'd creep about, all sneaky and happy looking when he must have known he would be getting beat a few minutes later by someone equally rubbish like El Matador (without disrespecting Tito Santana) or Virgil

Guest treader.
or Virgil

Regarding the aforementioned 8-man tag match, the talk before the match, Virgil was wearing a protective mask because his nose had been broken (which seemed to last most of his career??) and he said to the other team, dead serious, into the camera:

"Repo Man...my nose is protected by this mask. But tell me...who, in the world, is gonna protect...your nose."

It was brilliant. Worst pre-match banter ever.

Regarding the aforementioned 8-man tag match, the talk before the match, Virgil was wearing a protective mask because his nose had been broken (which seemed to last most of his career??) and he said to the other team, dead serious, into the camera:

"Repo Man...my nose is protected by this mask. But tell me...who, in the world, is gonna protect...your nose."

Hahahaha. Virgil was terrible. Who's got the pic of him all alone at a signing session?

Hahahaha. Virgil was terrible. Who's got the pic of him all alone at a signing session?

4zty844.jpg

I always fucking hated him. Always.

That totally ruins it for when I used to play with my wrestling figures when I was little and made storylines had Repo Man as my world champion

I used to respect you' date=' but Repo Man as world champion? Are you sure you're allright in the head? :p

Legend :)

• Upvote 1

How about the blindfold match between Jake Roberts and...I think Ted Dibiase? That was pretty bad

Jake the Snake vs Rick "The Model" Martell. It was after Martel sprayed his cologne in Jake's eyes and blinded him (Jake "blinded" with the white contacts totally freaked me out when I was little)

i used to love DX and The New Age Outlaws, their little speach when they got on stage was ace.

DX was good when it was left in the past, but now we get a "ONE NIGHT ONLY DX REUNION!" on Raw like every 2 weeks.

I haven't actually seen Wrestlemania 25 yet but some of the results are a little disappointing. Miz/Morrison are about the only "over" tag team on the roster and not only did they take their titles off them, they've spilt them up now as well. I can't really see either of them making much of an impression as singles wrestlers. It's typical of WWE, Vince just doesn't care about the tag team division. Paul London and Brian Kendrick were on fire a few years ago on Smackdown, then they were moved to Raw and did nothing. There's hardly any tag teams left now. I don't really know what they are going to do with them seperately - probaly a one month feud with each other and then it'll be the Future Endavours club - a la Murdoch / Cade. John Morrison was better as Johnny Nitro anyway.

Punk winning MITB was a surprise but not a good one. I don't see him ever getting a run as the champ, his last one was pretty disastrous. I wouldn't be surprised to see him cash in his MITB shot and lose, which is a shame because Punk is pretty ace. I think his size will work against him, McMahon doesn't seem to want to push guys that aren't 6'6" and built like a steroid freak.

Christian really needs to get off ECW, he's doing absolutely nothing on that show and his talent is being wasted on the C-show with the likes of Finlay and Mark Henry. Plus he sucks as a face. Wouldn't it be great to see an Edge / Christian / Jericho coalition on Smackdown?

HHH and Cena winning were predictable as ever. I didn't think they'd put the belts on heels at WM, it made sense to have the two biggest faces in the company win at the biggest event of the year. They are pushing Cena just now because he has a new movie out.

Santino is basically a jobber, but he's still over with the fans somehow. He's funny, but I don't really rate him as a wrestler.

I think WWE really need to shuffle the deck a bit and try and push some of their young guys into the Main event picture. No matter how many drafts they do, people are going to get sick of seeing different combinations of HHH / Orton / Cena / Batista / Edge fighting for the titles at every PPV. Taker and Michaels are both rumoured to be retiring this year - and even if Vince does give them one last title run they're not really pushing new stars into a position to take over from them. Jericho and Jeff Hardy are being lowered back into the midcard. The way they pushed Orton was perfect, he went from being a promising youngster a few years ago to being one of the top stars in the company - they definitely do have some good talent coming through, CM Punk could catch fire if he's pushed properly, ditto MVP who I think has a great future ahead of him. Cody and Ted are really benefitting from an "Orton rub" and could do really well in the future, but they aren't nearly ready yet and have no mic skills. I'm surprised to see Harry Smith sitting on the sidelines and not getting a slot in Legacy. Perhaps he's still paying the price for failing that drugs test. Apparently one of the guys from Cryme Tyme is due for a big singles push, but I don't know which one it is. One of them is allegedly trying really hard, trying to learn the craft and really make a career for himself, while the other one is a lazy cunt with a bad attitude.

For the "had their chance" club, Kozlov is a complete liability, he can't do anything except punch kick and headbutt. He's worse than the Great Khali. I don't see him getting back into the World title picture. Same goes for Umaga, who I've always hated, or Kane, who I do like, but I don't think he'll be in any more title matches. Mr Kennedy is never fit and will probably get the dunt soon.

I like watching guys like Hurricane Helms, Shelton Benjamin, Evan Bourne, Jimmy Wang Yang, Rey Mysterio etc but there's not really anything meaningful for them to do since they got rid of the Cruiserweight division.

WM26 predictions - Triple H vs Batista and Cena vs Orton are the headline matches. :D