aberdeen-music

THE BOOKHOUSE BOYS (9 piece band) plus support @ Moshulu - 12th April -6.00 / 7.30pm

Moshulu presents...

THE BOOKHOUSE BOYS

PLUS SUPPORT

6.00 ADV 8.00 on door

14 plus

Tickets from One up / Ticketweb / Seetickets / Moshulu.info

Doors : 7.30pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE BOOKHOUSE BOYS

The Bookhouse Boys on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Catch them at a calm moment and brace yourself for a storm. These boys toy effortlessly enough with melody and drama to shelve themselves firmly in the London Calling hall of fame. We love 'em...

If Muse and Lloyd Cole were to collaborate on the next Tarantino soundtrack, it might not sound a million miles from this. The Bookhouse Boys' single and London Calling chosen track, Dead, is an epic and no mistaking.

Nine members, two drum kits, a brass section and one commanding presence by way of Paul Van Oestren's vocals make these boys an orchestral force to be reckoned with.

Together two years, the band are now releasing through independent label Black Label Records.

They describe cutting their first record, Tonight, as their best moment so far, but we rather suspect that the imminent success of the single could top that.

Currently playing dates around the capital, The Bookhouse Boys have been entertaining London venues with their collective love of David Lynch and Scott Walker-influenced ballads.

Catch them while they're hot and you might just witness the darkest version of Kylie's Confide In Me you're ever likely to hear.

Keep up to speed on all the band's gigs and releases by following their MySpace link in the right-hand column of this page.

PRESS LINKS:

The Bookhouse Boys - Interview // NOIZE MAKES ENEMIES

The Bookhouse Boys - The Bookhouse Boys | album reviews | musicOMH

The Bookhouse Boys - The Bookhouse Boys | Album | Reviews

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUPPORT FROM:

1 support tbc

plus

DEBUTANT

Debutant on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

A combination of simple, dreamy songs augmented by a build-up of shimmering atmospheres. Think textured one-man dream-pop. Or something like that.

Some press and reviews:

"Debutant's music ignores genres altogether, sounding something like what would happen if Mark Kozelek and Kevin Shields had an afternoon, a spare room and a multitude of ideas. Definitely worth checking out live" isthismusic?

---------------------------------------------------------

"This is beautiful; four basic home-made lo-fi bedroom recordings delicate, basic, fractured, dreamy, creamy and very simple. Uncluttered and turning the lo-fi option and the basic equipment on to a warm positive vibrant less is so much more piece of beauty. Four dreamy textured lo-fi pieces/songs" Organ Magazine - Demo of the Week

---------------------------------------------------------

"Nostalgic sounds of comfort echo in the best track on this ep, 'Solitude': stunning. The smooth composition drains all worries away, landscapes and the sky become your comforting friends. Yes the guy posesses the voice to do that, comfort you." Crumbs in the Butter

Guest idol_wild
it's quite odd that you're playing as a soloist phil when there's nine of them! this'll be good though

It's all about quality, not quantity. ;)

Oh wait...I'm still fucked then.

Guest idol_wild
If you want, I could get me and another drummer to accompany you on two kits.

TWO drummers you say?! :up:

I have actually been contemplating transposing the Debutant project into a band. But suitable, willing and dedicated musicians are exceptionally hard to come by in this fair city. Exceptionally hard to come by.

Guest idol_wild
Your tunes would be well interesting (even more so, that is... ;) ) fleshed out with other people. Try it, dare ya.

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately, especially given Kartta's future status - but I still harbour ambitions of relocating near the end of the year.

So it'd be a bit silly to recruit and then fuck off.

Guest idol_wild
???

What's this?

One of the original exponents is moving away in September - you knew that, I thought?

Plus one of the members seems to have gone AWOL. :down:

One of the original exponents is moving away in September - you knew that, I thought?

Plus one of the members seems to have gone AWOL. :down:

I know nothing, remember Dave is shit at passing on news and I've not been out and about much recently.