aberdeen-music

Nightmare of You + Jukebox The Ghost + Free Korps + Tie For Jack

AGP presents

NIGHTMARE OF YOU

Jukebox The Ghost

Free Korps

Tie For Jack

Tunnels - Wed 22nd April - 14+ Tickets 8 from One Up and Welcome to TicketWeb!

Nightmare of You, from Long Island, New York, have just released their second studio album. Their debut self titled effort spawned classics such as My Name Is Trouble, Dear Scene I Wish I Were Deaf (which featured in EA Sports Fifa 07) and The Days Go By Oh So Slow. That album saw them recieve much critical acclaim, and in the UK bagged them a high profile tour support with Delays (their last visit to Aberdeen). Mixing dance like keyboards and samples with a melodic indie sound, they are sure to brighten up the Tunnels and get you all dancing!

Jukebox The Ghost - Currently on tour with the amazing Ben Folds, that should be enough to tell you how well regarded this band are. Again keys are a mainstay of their jaunty pop numbers and again this is one we are all looking forward to and its an honour to have them on the bill

Free Korps - dancey syths all the way as the local favourites continue a string of high profile supports. With new songs aplenty waiting to impress you, the guys are an ample warm up for a top night! Get down early!

And when I say early I mean this early to catch Tie For Jack. From Edinburgh this band make their first trip North. Having stumbled upon their page by mistake, it is nothing but a pleasure to welcome them to Aberdeen! Check them out on their myspace! Awesome tunes!

ALL BANDS ARE IN OUR TOP FRIENDS AT MySpace.com - AGP(NIGHTMARE OF YOU - APRIL 22 @ TUNNELS) - 26 - Male - UK - www.myspace.com/aberdeengigpromotions - have a listen!!!!

Get your advance tickets now - 8 is a bargain for this line up and they are selling fast so dont miss out!

AGP x

Guest idol_wild

Kartta played with Tie for Jack when we were on tour last year and, although exceptionally young, they were pretty good. Very Futureheads-esque if you like that sort of thing. Really nice kids, too.

I'll head along to catch them. :up:

I'm really looking forward to this! I think all the bands are going to be great!

Free-Korps upcoming shows...

Wed 22nd April at 7.30pm @ The Tunnels, Aberdeen.

Supporting Nightmare of You

Tickets from

TicketWeb or One Up

Fri 24th April at 8.00pm @ The Tunnels, Aberdeen

Wed 12th May at 7.30pm @ Pivo Pivo, Glasgow.

Fri 22nd May at 7:30pm @ The Tunners, Aberdeen

Supporting Cats In Paris

Tickets from

TicketWeb or One Up

Cheers for last night Ross! I think everybody had a good night and all the bands were on form :up:

Free-Korps upcoming shows...

Fri 24th April at 8.00pm @ The Tunnels, Aberdeen

Wed 12th May at 7.30pm @ Pivo Pivo, Glasgow.

Fri 22nd May at 7:30pm @ The Tunners, Aberdeen

Supporting Cats In Paris

Tickets from

TicketWeb or One Up

jukebox the ghost were one of the best bands i have ever seen, stunning live show. Nightmare of you were a let down compared to them.

hi milner, apologies again for not noticing your PM til today, glad you enjoyed gig, that keyboard player from jukebox the ghost was amazing, my impression was somehow that they were like a cross between weezer & early flaming lips.

hi milner, apologies again for not noticing your PM til today, glad you enjoyed gig, that keyboard player from jukebox the ghost was amazing, my impression was somehow that they were like a cross between weezer & early flaming lips.

yeah he was a very very talented person, great voice and amazing keys skills, as i say it just seemed a bit of a comedown when nightmare of you came on compared to them. I can see why nightmare didnt take off after their first album they dont actually have that many good songs, just a few really good singles.

yeah he was a very very talented person, great voice and amazing keys skills, as i say it just seemed a bit of a comedown when nightmare of you came on compared to them. I can see why nightmare didnt take off after their first album they dont actually have that many good songs, just a few really good singles.

Yeah totally agree that Jukebox The Ghost were amazing! Really blew me away to be honest. Harmonies were simply out of this world!

I dont see the disappointment in Nightmare of You though. I guess if youre the sort that only gets into singles then fair enough but I really like Nightmare of You and if you listen to it all, its awesome. Always the same though, people generally react better to stuff thyeve heard before.

I genuinely thought it was the best gig tht we as AGP have ever put on. Tie For Jack for being so young were brilliant and Free Korps great as always.

Thanks to everyone who came. Had a really great night

Yeah totally agree that Jukebox The Ghost were amazing! Really blew me away to be honest. Harmonies were simply out of this world!

I dont see the disappointment in Nightmare of You though. I guess if youre the sort that only gets into singles then fair enough but I really like Nightmare of You and if you listen to it all, its awesome. Always the same though, people generally react better to stuff thyeve heard before.

I genuinely thought it was the best gig tht we as AGP have ever put on. Tie For Jack for being so young were brilliant and Free Korps great as always.

Thanks to everyone who came. Had a really great night

its not a case of only liking the singles i just dont think the rest of their material was near as good. I didnt know any ghost songs but i was captivated watching their set but with nightmare the only interesting parts for me anyway were the singles off the first album, the newer stuff just doesnt sit well with their older material imo.

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/feedback-forum/55414-nightmare-you-jukebox-ghost-free-korps.html

Spot on Milner, the new songs like "I don't want to dance anymore" just lack any real quality. Rather than just feeling apathetic towards them, I actively disliked them.

Nightmare Of You on purevolume

Sounds like an American band doing a bad Franz Ferdinand/Arctic Monkeys impression.