aberdeen-music

aberdeen fanzines/reviewers??

vicki38525

Hello, just a quick post to ask some advice. I manage a Glaswegian band called The Darien Venture who are touring Scotland this month, and play the tunnels on 15th april with Cast of the Capitol and We Are Trapped In Kansas. I grew up in Aberdeen but moved away four years ago so I'm a little out of touch with the music scene. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good fanzines or small independent music mags/websites that would like to come and review or photograph the gig? Also just wanted to generally plug the band as their music is insanely good... kind of second album Biffy, Aereogramme-esque... if anyone wants a listen check out the darien venture on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads. We'd love to see you down at the gig on the 15th :)

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

The Kiosque seem to do a wonderful job at this sort of thing:

The Kiosque, Arts, Music, Film, Aberdeen

Also - there's a guy called Dave Craig who writes for the News of the World goes around a lot of Aberdeen gigs doing reviews of live bands. I don't know how you'd contact him, but worth a bit of a google fest trying to find him possibly...

Why on Earth would you want to call yourselves The Darien Venture? It's a bit defeatist no? Thousands of Scots lost their lives and the Country was nearly bankrupt. I mean, it was a tragedy on an epic scale.