aberdeen-music

Hinterland

saf-one

Yeah, I thought it was all day too.

I guess at least it's after work for anyone living in Glasgow.

But for the majority of us poor ol Aberdonians it means time off work.

Looks like it might be alot of running about from venue to venue to see who you wanna see. Especiaily as all the bands are on between 7-11! Thats allota bands in 4 hours!!

Looks like it might be alot of running about from venue to venue to see who you wanna see. Especiaily as all the bands are on between 7-11! Thats allota bands in 4 hours!!

Not for everyone... I might live in Glasgow, but I work in Falkirk, so it would be time off work for me too. I've already coincidently got the Friday off. Can't make up my mind though. I guess because it's a bank holiday weekend they maybe decided against the actual weekend. Who knows.

It is a lot of bands to see. But some will be far more popular than others e.g. The Xcerts and We Were Promised Jetpacks, so some new hidden gems might be found.

Guest idol_wild

I think the line-up is pretty fucking spectacular really.

I'd love to g, but alas I can't take the time off work.

Check out Elks and 85 Bears and come see them on May 3rd in Tunnels if you like them. ;)

Yeah, I thought it was all day too.

But for the majority of us poor ol Aberdonians it means time off work.

the times are gonna be staggered so that people can see as many as possible i think! some bands arent finishing till later etc....plus the clubnights afterwards go on till 3am

the times are gonna be staggered so that people can see as many as possible i think! some bands arent finishing till later etc....plus the clubnights afterwards go on till 3am

It'll be interesting to see how that works.

Esp if your checking out a band @ Sleazys then the next band on you'd like to see its @ the Arches.

Inevitably going to miss a few folk you'd like to see.

-

Guest idol_wild

Aces.

I'm playing Edinburgh on the Thursday night but I have both days off work so I'm gonna come down for Thursday daytime action and all day Friday action.

Yas min.

Aces.

I'm playing Edinburgh on the Thursday night but I have both days off work so I'm gonna come down for Thursday daytime action and all day Friday action.

Yas min.

on the other hand phil, you might be disappointed, i just found out that this line up is happening on the Thurs night!

Nice n Sleazys - Desalvo, Manatees, Remember Remember and Wintermute....grrreat line up :up:

on the other hand phil, you might be disappointed, i just found out that this line up is happening on the Thurs night!

Nice n Sleazys - Desalvo, Manatees, Remember Remember and Wintermute....grrreat line up :up:

Yasssss, i get in for free because i work there! That is a belter. De Rosa and Galchen are playing at Pivo that night as well which is a shame because i would have enjoyed that.

I've spoken to a few people who have dealing with Hinterland and they've all said it's been a big un-organised shambles. Will see how it all pans out though!

2 day pass for sale!

for anyone thinking of going down...

i bought a List 'early bird' 2 day ticket...cost 30 instead of the usual 42...bargain i thought...but now i cant go...anyone want to purchase this from me? its an e ticket but all i have to do is tell them the change of name

pm me if insterested

cheers

sharon

Guest idol_wild

I'll be able to catch the Friday afterall. Shall be checking out Elks and hopefully 85 Bears in preperation for them playing here on Sunday night.

Should catch some other stuff on the Friday night too.

Guest idol_wild

Last night I managed to see:

We Are The Physics (averagely decent stop-starty new wavey pop)

85 Bears (brilliant 3-piece instrumental act - lots of rhythm and harmonic loops...ace band)

The Xcerts (every time I see them it fills me with nostalgia and smiles - they remind me that rock music is brilliant if it's done right)

Elks (ace)

Paper Planes (excellent retro sounding female-fronted pop - they reminded me of B-52's a lot...in a very good way; expect to see them in Aberdeen in due course)

This Will Destroy You (suffered from their sound engineer being an utter tube)

All in all, I was happy with what I saw; though I do feel it could have been organised and staggered a little better.

Something like this in Aberdeen next summer might just happen. Watch this space.