aberdeen-music

if you could invent something, what would you invent?

Soda Jerk

My grand plan is for a social activity to do in the town centre. Somewhere to go with friends, or on a date, during the daytime hours. As it stands, the cinema and ten-pin powling have a monopoly on this, but the cinema is a thoroughly antisocial activity, and bowling is pretty much pish no matter how you dress it up.

This activity has to require limited skill, have universal appeal and encourage amiable chatting. Just imagine, "hey James, we're heading off to *insert invention here*, you fancy it?" Ace.

I have no idea what it'll be though,

I saw on TV that they have a city centre fishing pond in Tokyo that is popular with businessmen, students and folk on dates. Doubt it would catch on in Aberdeen though.

I saw on TV that they have a city centre fishing pond in Tokyo that is popular with businessmen, students and folk on dates. Doubt it would catch on in Aberdeen though.

I used to take first dates to the ice rink. I'm not a good skater by any stretch of the imagination, which really broke the ice (boom boom!) and encouraged laughing and physical contact :up:

I've since learned the ice rink is closed? :down:

Guest idol_wild
I used to take first dates to the ice rink. I'm not a good skater by any stretch of the imagination, which really broke the ice (boom boom!) and encouraged laughing and physical contact :up:

I've since learned the ice rink is closed? :down:

Has it been a while, Ross? ;)

I'd like to make an alcoholic beverage that gives you no hangover no matter how pished you get off it....

that'd make millions

jack daniels and ginger ale

its fucking mental, I get hangovers pretty much everytime I drink these days, if I shift onto jack and ginger ale i always feel great the next morning. only ginger ale though - its fucking rank with ginger beer. :down:

Its a bit of a bonus that it tastes great too! :D

It's already been invented, but why aren't reversible clothes way more popular than they are? I got a reversible Nike jacket for my birthday yesterday and it's top banana. If I spill food on it whilst I'm out (which I will. I always do) I can turn the blighter inside out and it's business as usual.

Pull through the sleeves, turn out the hood. Bang. Food and drink.

jack daniels and ginger ale

its fucking mental, I get hangovers pretty much everytime I drink these days, if I shift onto jack and ginger ale i always feel great the next morning. only ginger ale though - its fucking rank with ginger beer. :down:

Its a bit of a bonus that it tastes great too! :D

I'll have to give that a try, sounds nae half bad actually :gringo:

Guest treader.

I've had this idea for an absolute age, but I'm not sure if:

a) it's physically possible

b) it'd probably be horrible even if it was

but essentially it's like...a colonic for your head. You put some tubes in your nose/ears/mouth and it like flushes all the shit out.

Or maybe it's like an internal vacuum and it sucks everything out?!?!

Anyway it would be fucking awesome because you'd always feel super healthy and also:

1. you'd never get ear infections/nasal problems (i'm basing this on absolutely nothing other than i think that *might* be the case)

2. cotton buds would be obsolete, thus reducing the number of people who stick them too far in and give themselves infections.

3. it'd be really cool probably.

but essentially it's like...a colonic for your head. You put some tubes in your nose/ears/mouth and it like flushes all the shit out.

Not meaning to shit all over your idea, but wouldn't pumping water into your mouth and nose and flushing them out make you drown?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Not meaning to shit all over your idea, but wouldn't pumping water into your mouth and nose and flushing them out make you drown?

I suggest treader gives it a try and reports back

Or maybe it's like an internal vacuum and it sucks everything out?!?!

Anyway it would be fucking awesome because you'd always feel super healthy

Not if you only eat at burger king and the only exercise you get is fapping over teh internetz.