aberdeen-music

if you could invent something, what would you invent?

Soda Jerk

I've got this mint idea about a device which works like the exact opposite to a Microwave. A turbo-fridge if you will. I really can't hack warm drinks that are meant to be chilled, be it soft drinks, fruit juice or booze. Like when I've just done the shopping, and the juice has been sat at room temperature on the supermarket shelf. I get it home, and I want a glass of it, but it's was warm as bath water. Get out of my mouth!

So, I'd pour a glass of it, and i'd stick it in the Turbo Fridge, set a desired temperature, and bang - it whirls around for 60 seconds, and it's ready. Ice cool. Or I could turn it into a huge block of ice if I wanted. Instant ice-lolly. Supreme appliance!

Maybe it could merge into the already existing Microwave, and the settings could go both ways as selected, alot like when the TV and VCR first merged, forming a mind bendingly exciting portable combination of our two most treasured household items. But I think I'd like to release it as a stand-alone appliance first, so I can give it a marketable name like Dr Freeze, or the Frostinator, or something that is related to a character that Arnie has played, so he can put a televised sales pitch on this thing, preferable with skin missing, exposing his robotic anatomy. I think if people saw Arnie enjoying a glass of juice fresh from the FROSTINATOR, they would be pretty suckered into buying one from the word Go. The Governator wouldn't lie. Would he?

You all must have some crazy scheme up your sleeve that you'd like to unleash on the world if you had the know-how. Share!

• Upvote 1

I would like to invent a special type of duvet. It would come on a roll like cellophane or tin foil. It would be attached to the wall at one side of the bed and a roller/pincher device would keep it flat at the other. This would be ideal for people whos partners are serial duvet hoggers. Rolling over to hog the duvet would just dispense extra duvet across the bed area. Everyone stays warm and everyone is a winner.

I also think a sort of mortar that fires sticks would be a good idea for dog owners. It would launch a stick which would be attached to a rope and pulley. The dog would chase the stick which could then be winched back in and launched again. It would probably be a good idea to make sure the dog had dropped it before launch though, unless you hate dogs.

Maybe it could merge into the already existing Microwave, and the settings could go both ways as selected, alot like when the TV and VCR first merged, forming a mind bendingly exciting portable combination of our two most treasured household items. But I think I'd like to release it as a stand-alone appliance first, so I can give it a marketable name like Dr Freeze, or the Frostinator, or something that is related to a character that Arnie has played, so he can put a televised sales pitch on this thing, preferable with skin missing, exposing his robotic anatomy.

If it's going to do hot and cold temperatures, how about The Therminator? Like a THERMOS but more Terminatory.

I would like to invent a special type of duvet. It would come on a roll like cellophane or tin foil. It would be attached to the wall at one side of the bed and a roller/pincher device would keep it flat at the other. This would be ideal for people whos partners are serial duvet hoggers. Rolling over to hog the duvet would just dispense extra duvet across the bed area. Everyone stays warm and everyone is a winner.

wasn't there someone on genius with that idea? or did i just hear dave gorman saying it in an interview so he may not have been on yet.

i'm going to go and patent all these ideas and make a fortune off you all! mwahahahaha.

wasn't there someone on genius with that idea? or did i just hear dave gorman saying it in an interview so he may not have been on yet.

i'm going to go and patent all these ideas and make a fortune off you all! mwahahahaha.

Oh great, I thought I was on to a winner there. This is worse news than that time I thought I had invented punk.

A freezer doesn't provide a specific consistency and temperature within seconds. Turbo Fridge!

This kinda already exists for chilling wine, although it says you can use it for cans and stuff. Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage & Wine Chiller - Wine Enthusiast

Still, one that you can just whack in your cup like a microwave would be better.

also, a 6 minute wait does not a TurboFridge make.

ye should have made a drawing and technical description and claims of anything no matter how stupid you think it is, unregistered copyright/design rights cases often have litigation battles that come from this route and you would be surprised at how many companies actually settle privately to avoid any further challenges / bad pr.

• Upvote 1

ye should have made a drawing and technical description and claims of anything no matter how stupid you think it is, unregistered copyright/design rights cases often have litigation battles that come from this route and you would be surprised at how many companies actually settle privately to avoid any further challenges / bad pr.

What an incredibly sensible response. I shall bear that in mind. :up:

When I was two years old I liked Maltesers but I also liked white chocolate. All I dreamed of was for the two to be combined to create the ultimate treat. So on my behalf my mum wrote to whoever makes them to inform them of my excellent idea. Few weeks later I got a letter back saying they thanked me for the suggestion but they didn't think it would be a popular product. Fast forward 16 or so years and the bastards finally decide to release them and they sell by the bucketload. Worst thing was my relatives all knew of this story from when I was younger so the Christmas they were released I ended up with a ridiculous amount of the bloody things. Which was shit because white chocolate Maltesers are minging.

My grand plan is for a social activity to do in the town centre. Somewhere to go with friends, or on a date, during the daytime hours. As it stands, the cinema and ten-pin powling have a monopoly on this, but the cinema is a thoroughly antisocial activity, and bowling is pretty much pish no matter how you dress it up.

This activity has to require limited skill, have universal appeal and encourage amiable chatting. Just imagine, "hey James, we're heading off to *insert invention here*, you fancy it?" Ace.

I have no idea what it'll be though,