aberdeen-music

Skins Vs The Inbetweeners

sross90

The inbetweeners.

My ex reminds me of the girls from skins. Complete bullshit. Nobody lives like that. Except some cunts I know in London. But most people don't.

I can actually relate to the inbetweeners-probably a poor reflection on me.

I don't understand why people continually compare The Inbetweeners and Skins to be fair. The only similarity is that they both focus on kids that are the same age.

The Inbetweeners is at least a halfway accurate representation of what school was/is like for a lot of people. I don't see how people can seriously suggest Skins tackles contentious or serious issues when it's so radically divorced from reality. As Craig correctly pointed out, NO ONE lives like that.

No contest, The Inbetweeners.

I've pretty much watched every episode of The Inbetweeners today for the first time.

It is good, I've laughed quite a bit, the constant paedo/gay/flange jokes are a bit grating, but I'm fully aware that 17-year-olds do talk like that. Definitely a better representation of school life than Skins, but still a bit clich

I meant to post back in here earlier. I really enjoyed this week's episode, loved the scenes with Patrice, probably the best one of the series so far. Also, the scene with Jay trying to close his laptop with his dead arm was properly hilarious.

I know what you mean though, I think Jay's character is most guilty of the humour being really repetitive. That said, I'm still laughing so I suppose it can't bother me that much.

Line of the week this week for me was when Jay said he was bringing the girl to Will's meal...

"Does she have any special dietary requirements? I've never cooked for an imaginary woman before."

the constant paedo/gay/flange jokes are a bit grating, but I'm fully aware that 17-year-olds do talk like that.

Don't tell me you've stopped talking about girls frothing at the gash / clunge now that you're over 18 :p

My only complaint about Season 2 is that they've made Will at least 300% more cringe-worthy, which puts him in the 'total weirdo' category. Episodes are a bit weaker in S2 but it's still top-drawer.

Best running joke has to be the 'Oooohhh Friends.... Car Friend.... Thumb Friends' lines.

I haven't properly watched any of this series of Skins. The first series had a degree of charm that made it watchable despite it being fairly embarassing and cliched but the second series seems to be nothing but an utterly loathable display of first rate wankery.

People always harp on about how it's a 'realistic diplay of teenage life in 2009' and they are right. It's a realistic display of how teenage life in 2009 values being a flashy moron who bores the shit out of everyone who isn't a complete spanner by talking endlessly about drugs and sex and dressing up like some Camden cuntwit.

The Adam and Joe discussion on their 6music show about the shoe-horning of 'teen reference points' at the start of the second series was absolutely golden.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZTr9k4BUxw

'mmmskateboardtextspliffturdcopperindierockdrinkingmmm'

I haven't properly watched any of this series of Skins. The first series had a degree of charm that made it watchable despite it being fairly embarassing and cliched but the second series seems to be nothing but an utterly loathable display of first rate wankery.

People always harp on about how it's a 'realistic diplay of teenage life in 2009' and they are right. It's a realistic display of how teenage life in 2009 values being a flashy moron who bores the shit out of everyone who isn't a complete spanner by talking endlessly about drugs and sex and dressing up like some Camden cuntwit.

The Adam and Joe discussion on their 6music show about the shoe-horning of 'teen reference points' at the start of the second series was absolutely golden.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZTr9k4BUxw

'mmmskateboardtextspliffturdcopperindierockdrinkingmmm'

- your link doesn't work. Adam and Joe are great.

I prefer the inbetweeners although the 'twee' style of birds in skins appeal to me big time, also RossP I would have loved you to have been my teacher mainly for the hot club de paris.

Just finished creating a Standard Grade Admin Practical Prelim which slags off Skins (Spins), Hollyoaks (Hollytrees), Topshop (Topspot) and High School Musical (Poptarts Academy); since that's all I bloody hear about at school :swearing::swearing:

And all names involved refer to quality musicians such as Mr Mike Patton, Miss Kim Deal, Dr Brendan O'Hare...

One day a student will appreciate this :up:

Small successes recently with Frightened Rabbit and Postel Service being loved by all. Also got some of the kids who listen to nonsense like Bring me the Horizon et al, into Glassjaw and introduced them to the Locust, Refused and Envy

I think all 'cool points' for my music taste are immediately lost by being a proud Inverness Caley Thistle fan however :(

Just finished creating a Standard Grade Admin Practical Prelim which slags off Skins (Spins), Hollyoaks (Hollytrees), Topshop (Topspot) and High School Musical (Poptarts Academy); since that's all I bloody hear about at school :swearing::swearing:

And all names involved refer to quality musicians such as Mr Mike Patton, Miss Kim Deal, Dr Brendan O'Hare...

One day a student will appreciate this :up:

Judging by some of your previous posts, I think you teach at the school I used to go to. And it annoys me every time you post something decent like this that you weren't there when I was.

I like those types of bands, Also like Kid British, the locals, ladyhawke, noisettes, marmaduke duke, enemy, arctic monkeys, Milburn, Strokes and many, many more.

He might have meant in reference to the Skins v. Inbetweeners context...

If you go back a page Keeper, I mentioned a few success stories with Frightened Rabbit and Postal Service; which Cedric was commenting on :up: