aberdeen-music

Skins Vs The Inbetweeners

sross90

Just because Kevin is gay doesn't make him a paedophile. :laughing:

This episode reminds me of Mr Firth well sort of. He was a complete bastard and scared the shit out of everyone in the room. So he was nothing like Kevin but he did a bit of fiddeling, mmm maybe thats why even the worst kids at school were scared of him!

The Inbetweeners without a shadow of a doubt. None of this pretentious Skins pish.

I often get asked: "OMG, did you watch skins last night? There was a party and everything, such and such got wasted, someone took drugs, they had sex".

No, Skins is fucking shit.

How can something which is essentially the same every episode be liked by so many people?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i'm so glad that not a single person has said skins which is absurd and shite. missed the first airing on e4 because i didn't have freeview, then caught the 1st repeat on e4, the 1st repeat on c4 (during which they referred to it as a 'new series') then lost count as I was watching the dvd from time to time as well.

i've never seen a teen/school comedy that is so true to life. how many of us were neither nerds or particularly cool kids? also (though less so in the new series) it's nice to see a production set in a school in which the lead actors aren't about 35 years old.

still haven't caught the new episode but will see it on wed hopefully.

*edit...didn't make it clear quite how much i despise skins.

It concerns me how many kids at school absolutely idolise Skins. Not because of the promotion of drug taking, casual sex, swearing and fighting... but because it suggests our pupils don't understand what constitutes as good television and scriptwriting. In the new series of Skins, the Producers got kids to write their example scripts and send them in; followed by picking the best ideas and getting the 'winners' to work together to write the new series. It really shows...

I'll also get wee comments from the kids about how the background music I have in class is terrible (ranging between generic post-rock and upbeat indie/electro/pop like Hot Club de Paris, Stapleton and Errors)... but as soon as I mention that Mogwai/Battles/Crystal Castles et al have appeared in Skins episodes their tune soon changes; said pupils come into class the next day championing the aforementioned 'terrible' bands. I'm also still working on getting the kids that listen to dross like Bring Me the Horizon and Devil Wears Prada, to listen to bands like the Locust, Envy, Refused, Desalvo and the like; but i'm having very little joy. Glassjaw was one success, but i'm concerned they'll discover Head Automica as a result...

The last day of term was especially a treat, where it looked like TopShop had thrown up on those that avoided the minor JJB Sports explosion which afflicted the minority of 'sporty' kids.

Moan over.

I'll also get wee comments from the kids about how the background music I have in class is terrible (ranging between generic post-rock and upbeat indie/electro/pop like Hot Club de Paris, Stapleton and Errors)... but as soon as I mention that Mogwai/Battles/Crystal Castles et al have appeared in Skins episodes their tune soon changes; said pupils come into class the next day championing the aforementioned 'terrible' bands. I'm also still working on getting the kids that listen to dross like Bring Me the Horizon and Devil Wears Prada, to listen to bands like the Locust, Envy, Refused, Desalvo and the like; but i'm having very little joy. Glassjaw was one success, but i'm concerned they'll discover Head Automica as a result...

I wish you were a teacher at my school