aberdeen-music

Skins Vs The Inbetweeners

sross90

I hate that the writers think that's what teenagers are like. I hate how they are all so misunderstood and flawed, but also brilliant and unique in their own way. The first season was almost passable, but anything that came after was dreadful. Adam and Jow did a good bitty on it, which is well worth listening to:

EDIT: the bit at the end about Joe's idea for a show called "Pens" is amazing.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I never took to Skins, one of my ex girlfriends watched it and it and I always found it really annoying. Inbetweeners is brilliant though, I have honestly never laughed at any TV show or film as much as I do watching Inbetweeners. It's exactly my sort of humour, absolutely cracks me up. 

The last film wasn't that great though but they sort of had to take a different approach with it I thought, the characters are pretty one-dimensional on the TV program, which is fine for a half hour program, but they had to flesh them out a bit and make them more human for the film. Make them a bit more sympathetic, put them in a crisis, give them feelings etc and make the viewer root for them. Two hours of Jay telling people they look a right knob would probably get boring. It changed the feel of the story a little bit, but it was still funny. The bit where they're all dancing is fucking brilliant.

• 2 months later...