aberdeen-music

Ascension Confirmed to open Metalfest UK (Ft Blaze bayley and more )

Rickicaz1279

I hope this is the right place to put this!

Ascension have been confirmed to Open a new Metal festival in the UK this year, with headliners including Blaze Bayley, Primordial, and Evergrey!

The lineup includes some of our biggest influences including PowerQuest, Blaze Bayley, Dragonland, Fairyland, Elvenking, Vision Divine and looads more!!

its happening on 27th, 28th and 29th of September, at JB's in Dudley, England this year!

Its shaping up to be one awesome barrage of Power/Thrash/Folk metal, and i highly suggest everyone grab some tix soon! :)

MySpace.com - METALFEST - 69 - Male - Midlands - www.myspace.com/metalfest_uk

Ascension - UK TOUR APRIL! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

haha Power metal has to have comedy names :p otherwise its nae fun!! haha thats the point, cheesefest to the max!

just realised i made a mistake though! its taking place on 25th/26th/27th of september, not 27/28/29th like i posted haha!

Should be fucking epic though! hopefully a few of the very little power metal fans there are in aberdeen can cart down for this one

• 3 weeks later...
Theres a dragonland and a dragonforce doing the same kind of music!!?? Banter!

Well done guys that is awesome, youve come a long way since the noise you produced with scorge in the band, tunes online are decent!

Aye but I would say Dragonland make the far more credible music and are a better band all round...

Well worth a listen as they are musically very interesting and fresh (talking about the Starfall and Astronomy albums here). They use guitars in a different way to most other bands and create some very rich sounds...

Dragonforce however would be the one trick pony and I am sure their CTRL, C and V keys are worn down to a stub after the amount of copy and pasting they must do in Cubase...

• 5 months later...

Metalfest was fucking awesome! Met alot of cool people and made alot of new fans. Theres also a video interview we did with the angel of metal that is apparently coming online in the next few weeks here: Angel Of Metal, Metal Interviews, Text Interviews, Metal Reviews, Unsigned Metal Band Interviews, Thrash Band Interviews, Hardcore Band Interviews, Underground Interviews. Underground Reviews, Unsigned Band Interviews, Unsigned Band Reviews, Unsigned

We did some other interviews for various radio stations but i've no idea where to find them or when they'll be on.

In other news we've got a gig tomorow night at the Vale in Glasgow and another Saturday night at Moorings!