aberdeen-music

Allstationsdown new song

n8r

I forgot to say that i quite liked the song actually. I dunno whether it was just my laptop speakers though but i felt it lacked something in the "middle" of the sound. It was a bit bass-lite too. I see the Pantera and Circa Survive comparison and i would also chuck good From First To Last in there as well.

Yeah i think nick has done better recordings too, and i found the guitar tone to, sticky? But definately a good song and very catchy, nice tune guys = )

i found the mix a bit muddy overall, it is myspace tho id like to hear it on a cd player. The song itself its very interesting and the chorus is quality, the drums dont sound like a drum machine either the snare is rather nice, just the Enrapture stuff pisses over this for quality of recording.

i found the mix a bit muddy overall, it is myspace tho id like to hear it on a cd player. The song itself its very interesting and the chorus is quality, the drums dont sound like a drum machine either the snare is rather nice, just the Enrapture stuff pisses over this for quality of recording.

it probably is a better recording, but do you not think it's also because their sound is probably most suited to that?

yeah, just sludgey, as if the strings are really old or the middle and the treble have been turned down alot. the other four songs have a much better recording quality, although these guys just went through a big line up change didn't they?

yeah thats exactly what i thought and yeah i do believe they went through a big line up change, never listened to them until today i must be honest but id make the effort to go see them after hearing whats on there.

it probably is a better recording, but do you not think it's also because their sound is probably most suited to that?

yeah your quite right it may very well suit their sound better, my personal taste tho would be that the other songs sounded better, ill need to check them out live to see what they sound like properly.

what do you mean by this? What would be a more informed perspective?

was referring to the type comments of tam o'shantie mainly - jumping to the conclusion that ASD were "namechecking", amongst other general waffle.

why not give a producer some credit?

the music they produce is the best advert they have to generate more interest and income, and in turn buy better equipment to extend they're experience and resources - like buying "new strings" i suppose o_O wtf?!

was referring to the type comments of tam o'shantie mainly - jumping to the conclusion that ASD were "namechecking", amongst other general waffle.

the music they produce is the best advert they have to generate more interest and income, and in turn buy better equipment to extend they're experience and resources - like buying "new strings" i suppose o_O wtf?!

very good points, i wasnt trying to stir anything up just was a bit confused by what you had said.

As for naming nick, your right he should be named just like tom droped mark from the moorings's name everytime he mentioned the Byrne studio.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
very good points, i wasnt trying to stir anything up just was a bit confused by what you had said.

As for naming nick, your right he should be named just like tom droped mark from the moorings's name everytime he mentioned the Byrne studio.

no offense to Nick, as it's great that younger guys are taking recording seriously in aberdeen and the more the merrier, it will cause the others to step up their game as well as they know that they don't monopolise the market and can't charge shitloads of sub standard recordings...

...but Mark Thomas is a guy who has actually been making a living from this for many, many years, in a location with somewhat more demand for genuinely high quality recordings than Aberdeen, with very big british bands with fairly 'legendary' status. I did overreact a bit looking at the first post but I was under the impression that he was being referenced to add credibility as if he were steve albini or something when as far as I know he's basically been recording for a matter of a couple o' years and personally i am not a fan of the sound he produces (but then i hate heavy metal music)

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Do you need me to reel off my non-existant accolades in rock music criticism, or does the fact that I'm on a public forum where someone has asked for feedback on their recording not give me the right to answer the guy's question?

What makes you think I'm not 'informed' about what I listened to on the link that the band put up? If you don't like people saying they dont like the music, don't ask people what they think because you can't please everybody. And the experience of listening to these tracks far from pleased me.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

In a funny kind of way Tam's done ASD a small favour here. He's inadvertently managed to start a bit of an argument over nothing, which has led to a load of posts on this thread, keeping at the top of the list, and therefore more folk will have listened to the new track.

I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm going to very soon.

Not a fan of metal music as a rule, but having seen ASD live I thought they were very good actually!

no offense to Nick, as it's great that younger guys are taking recording seriously in aberdeen and the more the merrier, it will cause the others to step up their game as well as they know that they don't monopolise the market and can't charge shitloads of sub standard recordings...

...but Mark Thomas is a guy who has actually been making a living from this for many, many years, in a location with somewhat more demand for genuinely high quality recordings than Aberdeen, with very big british bands with fairly 'legendary' status. I did overreact a bit looking at the first post but I was under the impression that he was being referenced to add credibility as if he were steve albini or something when as far as I know he's basically been recording for a matter of a couple o' years and personally i am not a fan of the sound he produces (but then i hate heavy metal music)

Yes but nick is an up and coming producer who could do with all the help spreading his name as possible. No one really used his name like some kind of "look who im working with" boast, they just said like any one in any band would, who they had recorded with. Fair enough if you dont like his way of recording each to their own but i wouldnt say allstationsdown come under heavy metal do they?

For the record, I think this is a pretty good song. Not entirely my thing, but I do actually like this song.

I reckon ASD are a band that will do very well for themselves this year, if only they'd stop the shameless name dropping ;)

I like Nick, he's got a lot of passion for what he does and he's a top bloke besides that.

I also think allstationsdown have recorded some well decent stuff here.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i truly wish all stations down the very best of success. i hope that they reach the top of the charts when they release their next single. my criticism is not 'inadvertant' because i'm not trying to crush their dreams, and by mistake getting people to check them out.i want everyone in the world to listen to them, if they feel like it.

i just think these songs are baws.

i truly wish all stations down the very best of success. i hope that they reach the top of the charts when they release their next single. my criticism is not 'inadvertant' because i'm not trying to crush their dreams, and by mistake getting people to check them out.i want everyone in the world to listen to them, if they feel like it.

i just think these songs are baws.

I never said your criticism was inadvertent. I said you'd inadvertently done them a favour because you'd managed to create an argument out of a nothing comment. I don't think you were trying to be harsh - just stating your view, which you're entitled to.

If you think the songs are crap, then say the songs are crap. They asked for opinions. I wasn't sticking up for anyone. Just saying I thought because of the reaction your comment got, it kept this at the top of the forum when normally feedback requests just fall off the radar.

I then said separately that despite not really liking metal music, I quite like ASD.