Aberdeen Venues

Guest idol_wild

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
stop havering NOW!

If you read my other posts you'll see that I found my message from Hen which said 150 in Tunnel 2. I remembered he'd said 350 for Tunnel 2, but I then found my message which said T1 360, T1 150 and Drummonds 350. Nae havering here :p

if all the tables etc are taken out of tunnel 1, i reckon you could get 300 people in at a bit of a squeeze.

in fact, if i remember correctly, there has been wayyyy more people in there than that.

Fire regs are a max of 2 people per square meter.

To get 300 people in somewhere you need 150 square meters of standing customer floor space (which doesn't include the stage, toilets, stairways, space behind the bar etc).

That would mean 15m long x 10m wide of customer floor space. Umm I don't think so...

Fire regs are a max of 2 people per square meter.

To get 300 people in somewhere you need 150 square meters of standing customer floor space (which doesn't include the stage, toilets, stairways, space behind the bar etc).

That would mean 15m long x 10m wide of customer floor space. Umm I don't think so...

I think from the use of "a bit of a squeeze" this is not according to fire regs

• 1 month later...
Guest idol_wild
so what's this Korova place like then? stage/no stage? capacity?

I shall be scouting it out this week, so I'll post my findings.

I'm sure there are others who may be able to tell us some information already, though...

I shall be scouting it out this week, so I'll post my findings.

I'm sure there are others who may be able to tell us some information already, though...

awesome. i really hope it's small so we can start putting gigs on in there. i've been looking into the RGU union aswell for a venue, but not sure how that will turn out.

TBH I've yet to have a good night in Korova, it sucks in a variety of ways, not least the annoying layout. Plus the last night I was in the whole downstairs was packed full of the little sputums that usually live on top of the St Nich. I reckon the average age of the punters was about 16. You could hardly breath for the smell of Clearasil, there was spots and bad floppy haircuts in every direction.

TBH I've yet to have a good night in Korova, it sucks in a variety of ways, not least the annoying layout. Plus the last night I was in the whole downstairs was packed full of the little sputums that usually live on top of the St Nich. I reckon the average age of the punters was about 16. You could hardly breath for the smell of Clearasil, there was spots and bad floppy haircuts in every direction.

I am in full agreement. I went there for a couple of drinks and it was like being a teacher at a school disco. Everyone looked like they were members of Enter Shakari or something!